TSW/AST/Vorshlag suspension, NT-01's for sale...

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by scobib, Feb 23, 2011.

1. scobib

scobib New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 scobib, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    Since the MINI is being retired to commuter duty (to increase the longevity), I'm going to be doing a host of R&R work to it this weekend... But, I'll also be yoinking off the suspension and going with something a little more, uh, plush. Below stuff is for R50/R52/R53 platform...

So, up for sale will be:

SOLD - TSW/AST Softcore Suspension w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates - these were our (TSW) single-adjustable AST coilovers with Swift springs. This suspension rules for a dual-purpose car (street + track/autocross). To restore the struts to 'optimum' track performance, you may consider a rebuild, but that can be done at AST USA in Dallas (cost ~$300, IIRC). But, they're still in excellent shape and perform beautifully. Do they need a rebuild now? No. Bolt them in as they currently sit and enjoy the G's until they do. Cost is $400 for the whole suspension - front and rear struts, Swift springs, and camber plates.

SOLD - Set of 4 Nitto NT-01's in 205/40R17, about 60-65% of their life left. $100. I personally like the 205/40 size, as the shorter OD really rips out of the corners and is quicker on the straights.

Everything should be available this weekend on Sunday.

Of course, if you ain't in Texas and coming to pick it up, you'd be looking at some shipping costs...

Scott - former TSW owner dude

2. M^Cubed

M^Cubed Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    #2 M^Cubed, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
    DANG! Someone got a steal on that AST setup!

Sweet deal for someone local on the NT-01's too!

3. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Man, all this talk of coilovers is making me itchy. Good thing the tracks are clear of snow here in the south. I can't see why a northerner would have any use for coilovers this time of year. :smilewinkgrin:

4. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    What is this "snow" you speak? The tracks are open all year round in the Southwest... ;)

You have a PM on the tires.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. Mike

Mike New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Woah, what a steal on the suspension bits! I enjoyed a trip back to Dallas a few months ago and did an autocross day in Scott's MINI while I was there. Deft ride, man - whoever got those parts will be a happy camper. I won my class at the autocross after four years away!

6. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I wish i could have jumped sooner on them. But someone beat me to the punch....

'evil glare towards that individual' .... lol