Tuning/Dyno in LA or TX area?

Discussion in 'MINI' started by lairdlan, Sep 10, 2012.

1. lairdlan

lairdlan New Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone as the title says i am trying to find a shop that can dyno and tune my Mini for me once i have my parts installed. If anyone knows of one, please help me out! I did some searches with the "search" button, but all i came up with was the couple of places that do the traveling dyno day deals back a couple years ago in Texas. Thanks in advance everyone!

Here is a link to my first post with all my current mods, and all the parts i have ordered and will be installing in the next couple weeks.

LINK: 2002 MCS
    http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/starting-line/14823-new-forum.html#post150391

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Welcome to MA. If any of our people have that info they'll certainly share it.:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Unless the shop can specifically do the 1st gen MINI don't bother as the mods you have listed really don't need or req. a custom tune.

4. lairdlan

lairdlan New Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    From everything i've read and seen you are 100% correct. It doesn't require a tune.

But in many cases i have seen cars with the same mods gain 20+ hp from a decent tune. If it helps gain HP and allows my car to run more efficiently than all the better!

5. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    20 hp would be the upper limit of what you would gain, most see between 10-20hp.

My main point would be to make sure you get a custom dyno tune from someone who can actually tune the 1st gen MINI. Most shops will not have the tools to access the Seimans ECU. Most would suggest you wait to see if RMW is going to be in your area for a tuning day.

6. lairdlan

lairdlan New Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    And that's why i'm asking this knowledgeable community, if anyone knows of someone with said equipment. :D

If not, then i'll have to wait till, like you said, someone does a dyno/tune day in this area (HINT HINT:Thumbsup:, it has been a while!).

Just figured it couldn't hurt to ask the individuals who know. And just maybe i'll get lucky :fingerscrossed:!