Vancouver BC area MINI Drivers - event Dec 7

Discussion in 'MINI' started by beken, Nov 30, 2011.

1. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    Every year for the last 6 years, I've tried to organize MINI drivers to join me in bring a new unwrapped toy to Vancouver's annual Christmas Wish toy drive at the Pan Pacific. I also get on the radio and issue a challenge to other car clubs to do the same.

2011 Pan Pacific Vancouver Christmas Wish Breakfast Announcement | Room With A View

The drive includes free parking at the Pan Pacific hotel to drop off a toy and get breakfast (free). It looks great and we generate positive comments from others there when they see a line of MINIs go into the parking lot together.

Those interested in coming, we meet at MINI Yaletown's service centre at 6:30am (yah it's early, but you can still get to work on time then) on December 7 and convoy to the Pan Pacific.

Interesting that Rixter and I were the only ones to show up last year and we both find ourselves unemployed this Christmas. Yet we MINI drivers are blessed with a great car to drive and good friends and family. So we feel compelled to give back to society and help those who have less than us.