Viet Nam Vets.. Finally!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Thumper460, May 27, 2012.

1. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hey, Nam Vets.... guess what?? FINALLY after 50 years.. The Country is gonna welcome us home!!

I guess all our children, their children finally realized how we were screwed by a lot of America , when we came home!! And thanks to them, we are gonna have an " Official Welcome Home". ( aren't children and grand kids awesome??)

I feel the U.S. learned a lot from that "conflict".. at least today our Kids are having a better experience when they are "WELCOMED HOME" It is all because of me and You and OUR experiences . I feel that we ( Nam Vets) have put forth the effort to make sure that NO ONE comes home like we did.

I was in So. Cal back then, man did it distort my feeling about any college age student. ( 5 xs ) the best thing that really made me feel good was a tour in MID-AMERICA ( Nebraska) People were still Americans. Pledge to the FLAG IS stand and cover. Military Uniform was welcomed.. Drinks at a local Bar.. Asked to participate in Memorial Day Parades and even Church Services.. Hand shakes at restaurants!! Thanks Nebraska, you dont know how you helped at least ONE Vet!!

Anyhow... Thanks for the Welcome America!! When and if you still Visit your fallen Vet's grave, Please let him know America has finally Welcomed us HOME!! ( what is a few years..LOL 50 of them!!)

Just saying........................................

Thumper
    USN Retired
    Viet Nam Vet

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: When I came back from Desert Storm amidst the cheering crowds etc, I had tears in my eyes and was saying to myself,"where the heck were y'all when the Viet Nam vets came home." But of course, it was a different time, place, war and crowd. These people weren't the Hippie Draft Dodgers responsible for that. Those Hippies are mainly now State and Federal Government officials. Life goes on................ :frown2: :Thumbsup:

Jason

3. AliceCooper

AliceCooper Club Coordinator

Mar 13, 2010
    CT Technologist
    South Florida
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your service guys !! :Thumbsup:

4. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    We need to make sure that we remove those guys!! Please Vote this year....

Cool!

Just saying............

Thumper

5. Little Wing

Little Wing New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I also want to thank you both and all our veterans for your service to our country.
    Thank you.
    iwajima.gif

6. Jason Montague

Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: As they say in the Dakotas," You Betcha!":Thumbsup:

Jason

7. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    We're the land of the free....because of the brave. Thank you for my freedom :Thumbsup:

8. T8rChick

T8rChick Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Paying for new tires! The wheels were a deal!!!
    Oak Cliff, TX
    Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
  9. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Shows where the news media is today... IT NEVER WAS A WAR!! The congress never classified it as one!! They just say... 'Viet Nam ERA' 10 years of an ERA.

Vote in November... or ALL our Losses yesterday and today will be a WASTED CAUSE!!

Just saying.......................................

Thumper

10. Jason Montague

Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Eras---------Korea, Viet Nam, Grenada, Persian Gulf 1986-Now, Charlie Wilson's War Afganistan I 1988-90, Panama 1989-90, Desert Storm 1990-91, Bosnia, Afganistan II, Iraq................................:Thumbsup:

Jason

11. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Well, it sure seemed like a war to me and we were winning when I left. :Thumbsup:

Jim

12. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    LOL... '65 Yep, '66 Yep, '72.... hmmmmm?? '73..... starting to get out!! ( sound familiar?? ) Good job to everyone!! Thanks to all the Vets of todays 'engagements'.
    And the Families that have to put up with Dads bad dreams when we come back!! There is a saying I like: " NAVY WIFE!! The Hardest Job in the NAVY!!" God Bless them!!

AHHhhh.... now the Hamburgers!! And "****-can Beer" !!See ya.....

Just saying........................

Thumper

13. Norm03s

Norm03s New Member

May 5, 2009
    Working at being retired.
    Somewhere in Sykesville. Md.
    Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Brown Water Navy, !968-1970 Mobile Riverine Force, We won our war, congress lost theirs.

14. Jason Montague

Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    #14 Jason Montague, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
    :cornut: 3 generations of my family have been to Afganistan and/or Persian Gulf.
    1. Grand Father- Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders 1890s Afganistan
    2. Me 1987 Persian Gulf 1988 'Charlie Wilson's War' US Army SF in mufti
    3. My Son 2001-2 US Navy AW1 LAMPS Sea Hawks Persian Gulf
    There are 3 distinct tribal areas in Afganistan that have been fighting each other since Jesus made Top Sergeant of Jerusalem. They need to be 3 different countries and then the fighting would gradually diminish. It will never stop:mad2::nonod:, at least it hasn't stopped in the past 120yrs of my family going there. But then again, maybe if they just keep my family out of there, all will be peaceful:lol::Thumbsup:

Jason

15. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all Veterans, present and past, for all our freedoms: from retired Veterans that spent time being shot at daily, got injured, got sent home early and having to leave early still hurts like hell! RIP to all those no longer with us. Love to all my brothers and sisters in arms, past and present.