Suspension Brakes 1st Gen VIP Custom Parts Strut Tower Plates and Bar

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by Themajickman, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Themajickman

Themajickman New Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Currently unemployed
    Snellville Georgia
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had my son install the latest mod to my little jewel. Even though I know there is a lot of disagreement on the advantages of strut tower reinforcement plates, I decided to buy the latest from VIP Custom Parts. I also went ahead and got their strut bar to tie the whole thing together. Right off the bat I was impressed with the massive 5/8 inch thick plates which are thicker than anybody else's out there that I have been able to find. Another plus was that there was no interference at all with the Dinan aftermarket intake box or anything else under the bonnet, which also closed without any interference with the crossbar. A little pricey but well worth it in my opinion. I've enclosed a few pictures, sorry about the poor quality but I'm really not that good of a photographer. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Nice pictures, look great to me.:Thumbsup: I put M7 plates & bar on my MINI & they have kept the strut towers from deforming. I'm sure your VIP ones will too.

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Nice looking unit.

But, how many threads were you able to get on the new nuts? Cause I can't see any bolts in those pics at all.