2nd Gen R57 Convertible Washer overspray?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Laserboy, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Laserboy

Laserboy New Member

May 25, 2013
    Southern Illinois (St. Louis area)
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Just checking to see if this is a common "feature": This morning, for the first time, I used the washer jets on my new convertible. I was stopped at a light. The top was down (of course). There was minimal wind. A significant amount of washer fluid made it into my face. :eek6: Fortunately, my eyeglasses needed cleaning, anyway, so no harm--and the stuff doesn't taste half bad.

Is this just a reality that I should learn to live with, or should I bug the dealership to give the jets a tweak?

Thanks!

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Might want to just teak them yourself. A straight pin can be used to maneuver the nozzle a little. I stress that they only move a little.

3. Angib

Angib New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    (Old) England
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    And you want to adjust them to be high when stationary so that they reach more than an inch above the base of the screen at high speed. It's easy to forget that the upright screen, like the Mini has, means you have to compromise on this (as well as get used to being the biggest cause of bug death in your neighbourhood).