What Happened to British Car Night at Quaker Steak & Lube??

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by CHKMINI, Jul 10, 2012.

1. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I see that we missed another Brit Car Night at Quaker Steak and Lube this past Monday 7/9. Maybe I'm just reeling from the "real Mini" comment that I got at the Dublin Car Show last Saturday, but it has been brought to my attention that us BMW MINI owners aren't feeling the love from the Brit Car Owners (moreso than ever). Can any of the MoM's shed a bit more light on this issue? In the past we have been made aware of the QSL nights but it appears that this year we are being shut out.

2. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    lol. so they'll have 6 cars there instead of like 12!?

they need y'all to show up!

3. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Okay, I've tracked down the British Car schedule for Central Ohio. 8/4 is the Dayton British Car Day at Eastwood Metro Park. British Car Cruise-In nights at QSL for the rest of this year are 8/6 and 9/10. The QSL events start at 6:30 PM. We need to absolutely blitz them with BMWMINI's at QSL in August and September. I'll post the info on the MoM Calendar.

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Thanks for digging up the info Mark. :)

5. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Chuck, what is the name of the Classic Mini Club that's based in the Dayton area?

6. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!
    Ratings:
    +373 / 0 / -0
    I guess it will really anger them if I show up in my Ralliart... :D

7. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I'll park my rex next to your ralliart and we can watch them blow a fuse :) <<insert joke about Lucas electronics here>>

Options:

Not many people know that Land Rovers attempted to market a computer. Why did they stop? They could not find a way to get it to leak oil!

A Land Rover doesn´t leak oil, it marks it´s territory. Did you hear about the man whose Land Rover didn't leak oil? The factory took it backand worked on it until it did.

Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night? They all look the same. " - "He replied, "It does not matter which one you use, nothing happens !"

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.

Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.

The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.

>Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices

Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.

"I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou..."

If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.

A friend of mine told everybody he never had any electric problems with his Lucas equipment. Today he lives in the countryside, in a large manor with lots of friendly servants around him an an occasional ice cold shower...

Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

I have been wanting to share this list for a while :)

8. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Not that I agree with folks who feel our MINI's are not real Mini's. I just don't see the point of getting my undies in a bunch over it. Everyone has their own opinions about all sorts of stuff. Some I agree with some I don't. Such is life. Just my opinion.....

Off to breakfast now.... :donut1:

9. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Their loss, they miss the company of wonderful people..

10. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I know some of you peeps are not on Facebook. The COMO (Central Ohio Mini Owners), The Buckeye Triumphs, and the OMO (Ohio Mini Owners) facebook pages all have info about events. They do not have everything but they do have some things. We are working on putting everything up there to most of the British Car Events. I am still working on a COMO website but it is far from done.

Sorry about those comments. There are a lot of people in the COMO & OMO clubs that have BMW Minis. I am not sure about the Real Mini comment but that is NOT how the OMO and COMO clubs feel.

I will try to do a better job letting you guys know what is coming up. I am sorry that I have dropped the ball for the MoM group.

11. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    No ball dropped :biggrin5: I really enjoy hanging out with the Brit cars and their owners. It's up to MoM to make sure we know when/where the events are and post them to our calendar. Thanks Jason! (Oh Carp!...this sounds too organized:eek6:)

12. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Thanks for chiming in Jason. No problem with dropped balls. I thought maybe we'd dropped through the cracks. I used to get e mails with the dates of things going on. Many people do not do facebooks. Guess that is our loss for not being up with the current times & trends. I still am resisting the whole facebook idea. :crazy:

Our calendar has been dead for quite a while now. I think the keeper of that site is busy with other things. Life has a way of getting in the way.

13. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
  14. IMGRFX

IMGRFX Club Coordinator

Oct 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    Lets bunch up our undies, put on tiaras, bring the corgis and just show up. OK.. someone remind me. :biggrin5:

15. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    It's on the MA MoM Calendar. Click on the event and you can request a reminder....we're getting much more Techie:p

16. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  17. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    This is pretty cool:beer

18. IMGRFX

IMGRFX Club Coordinator

Oct 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    Wooooooo... very nice. I see one thing that says Ranged Event. Thinking we need a Deranged Event option.

19. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Deranged & free ranged should do it....

20. JMC40

JMC40 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    O...H...!!