Why I like Zaino......

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ScottinBend, Mar 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Suppose I should go ahead and post why I prefer Zaino.

Some background.....I started using the Zaino soon after getting my MINI. This was due to the fact that there were a lot of folks using it to great effect and posting their fondness of it on the MINIUSA owners lounge (remember that place.....:D). I found it was a much better product than the regular auto store stuff I had been using prior.

I tend to keep my car fairly clean with a wash about every weekend and a "wax" about once every 6 months. I use the QD after each wash.

One of the biggest differences I first noticed with the Zaino products is the lack of product "separation" in the bottle. I noticed that there is a lot of separation of the ingredients with most other brands. You will see a layer or two of some clear looking liquid in the bottle.

Zaino does offer a full line of products. Just check out the link

I use the Z-AIO for my in depth detail as it does a fabulous job of getting rid of the very light imperfections with little to no real effort. You have to use a product to really see how it works for you and your vehicle.

I then use the Z-2 for my top coat of protectant. I usually have at least 3 layers of this on the car. And boy does it bring out the shine. Others have called it a "plastic" look, but on an Electric Blue car it looks awesome. Not sure why some would not call the finish deep, but it has some real depth to me.

I then will use the Z-6 as a QD after washing.

With these products on the car, water just beads right off with little to no effort. Think Rain-x/Aquapel for your paint.

I also use the Z-CS as a treatment for my plastic trim and black parts. Very long lasting and they won't attract dust and they also don't stain from the use of the other products.

All of these products last much longer than any others I have tried and are much easier to maintain. I live in the high desert of OR. Summer time temps are normally in the 80-90's with stretches even higher. The winter temps are normally in the 30's with stretches of below 0. And at an altitude of 3600 ft we get a nice high sun exposure.

One other big consideration is the amount of product you will use. I probably use half, or less, the amount of the Zaino as I did of all of the other brands. Zaino states that you need to be very conservative with your use as you don't want to waste product. No need to buy gallons of the stuff, a little goes a long way as they say.

The final result is a finish that is long lasting and very slick. So slick in fact that if I throw a towel onto the hood or roof it will simply slide right off.

Now I don't have any experience with bringing back a bad finish to show car quality, but I do have 6+ years of experience using the Zaino products and maintaining my cars finish. So for me, these results are what I want with a detailing product.

2. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Zaino fans loooooovvvve to put lots of layers of wax on their cars! I'm sure it's worth your effort, but I'll stick to Hydro, Prima's gift to the lazy detailer.

3. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I used Zaino for a few years. Loved the stuff. Looked good, long lasting. Still have the Clear Seal, and a bottle of the Grand Finale, which I still use for those special occasions. Somewhere I have some Z-2 and hardener.

They seem to have more products now then I remember.

Mark

4. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    After the initial detail I only put on a layer at a time, this is not the same product as the Hydro. The Z-2 is the sealant/wax. Hydro would be closer to the Z-6 spray detailer.

5. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Slick would be closer.:D

Mark

6. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I didn't mean to imply Hydro was equivalent to any Zaino product. I was just saying that I can barely get one coat of any wax on my car, so the idea of multiple coats is beyond me. (That said, Hydro is a spray wax, not a quick detailer.)

7. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Tried the Hydro and it doesn't last long enough for me to warrant the purchase as I get a much longer finish with the sealant and reg use of the Z-6.

8. MINIMaybee

MINIMaybee Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    As my pappy always says "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it fly".
    Choose what you use and be confident in it. I once saw a guy using Windex on his paint. Think I'd tell him otherwise? Not my job. So use what you choose, no sense arguing this or that when the mind is made up - right or wrong it's all subjective to a point anyway.

9. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    :Thumbsup:

Exactly......all VERY subjective as to the final finish. No product looks best to all.

Just came back from a hot rod show and I did a little un-scientific poll. Asked what products were used on the 100+ cars that I could find an owner for (about 60) and they were spread out among the Meguires, Griots, Klasse, and Sonus(?) products with about a third (17) using the Zaino products. I couldn't find anyone who used the Prima brand. A few had heard of it, but no one had used it.

I wonder if the Prima stuff is more regional than some others?

10. Ofioliti

Ofioliti New Member

May 9, 2009
    Professor
    ... always curious
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    He must have watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." :lol:

Windex for EVERYTHING!

11. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Long long time ago, I had a 75 Nova. When it can time to sell it, the trunk was covered in surface rust. So I took one of those green 3M scrubby things, WD40, and it took it all off, sold it within days:arf:

Mark

12. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Writer/star of that show is from my hometown, Winnipeg:lol:

Mark