Entertainment Electronics 3rd Gen Windows Phone Bluetooth Compatibility

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by isleofbones, Apr 25, 2015.

1. isleofbones

isleofbones New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Communications Director
    Long Island, New York
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    My nokia lumia 521 is not compatible with the base infotainment system for Bluetooth. The dealer got it to work, but the contacts keep disappearing, and other problems. Its time for a new phone anyway. My salesperson told me that the nokia lumia 635 is compatible. Does anyone know if the nokia lumia 900 or 1020 are compatible? I went to the mini connected location on the mini website, and the compatibility list does not function on my computer. My dealer sent me a pdf of one page off the website of compatible phones, and it shows the 635, among some other phones. I am interested in the 900 and 1020 if they are compatible. Any help is appreciated.

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Is there a reason you are wanting to stay with Nokia?
    If you are planning on getting a new phone.... Go Iphone... They work just fine with the MINI......

3. isleofbones

isleofbones New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Communications Director
    Long Island, New York
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I am accustomed and like windows phone. Like Microsoft products. It works well, just need one that is compatible with the car's Bluetooth.

4. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    Seriously, Lumia 900? It's a Windows Phone 7 device that can't even be upgraded to Windows Phone 8 (nevermind 8.1 or the upcoming 10). Why are you interested in this obsolete phone? Sorry I don't have an answer, but realistically you'll have to buy one ($50 on eBay) and try for yourself.