WTB 05-06 driver's side xenon headlight

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by sarag, May 8, 2012.

1. sarag

sarag New Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    #1 sarag, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    I need a driver's side r53 facelift xenon headlight with all the mechanics included. Also need a passenger headlight washer. PM me if you have one you don't need! Thanks!
    **Also need a steering rack. I have called salvage yards but I thought that I would help out a forum member if they're parting their car out.
    Sara

2. sarag

sarag New Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Might as well post this here too:

Here I am.. no one is responding on NAM and I'm in a bit of a time crunch.

Hey guys,

I can't find any information on the topic. I have a 2005 MINI Cooper Xenon passenger headlight. Got it for free as an extra when we bought our 2005 MINI. I need the driver's side as well. Someone wants to sell me their 2007 Convertible headlight. I'm swapping my 2003 Halogens to the nice newer style projector Xenons. Don't ask me how I was able to swap the 03 Halogens to the 05-06 Xenons.. seems like everyone else that has tried this has failed/had to get a ECU flash. That's why I'm scared to buy any other year Xenon than the one I have!
    [​IMG]
    the 2005 Xenon plugged into my 2003 Halogen.

I'm checking out RealOEM for part numbers and it seems like the xenon bulb is different in the 07 convertibles compared to the 05 hardtops. The control unit/ballast seems to be the same part number.

2005:
    Part Name: Bulb Xenon light
    Supplement: D2-S 35W
    PN: 63217160806

2007:
    Part Name: Bulb Xenon light with ignition element <-- Compared to Bulb Xenon light.. what's the difference?
    Supplement: D1S <-- What's the difference in supplements?
    PN: 63217162862
    ENDED
    ---
    Bulb Xenon light with ignition element <-- Compared to Bulb Xenon light.. what's the difference?
    Supplement: D1 12V 35W <-- What's the difference in supplements?
    PN: 63217217509

What I'm asking is, is will this headlight work with my car? I've already tested the 05 light on my car and it works fine, but this one has a different bulb in it, whether it's the discontinued bulb or the most current PN bulb. I just don't want to throw down a lot of money on a light if it's not going to work. It looks like all of the bulbs can be used all the way back to 2004 if I'm reading right. Can someone please school me in this? What are the differences in the supplement section? What is the difference between just the simple 'bulb Xenon light' and the 'bulb Xenon light with ignition element' Just an improvement to the Xenon? Is it just going to be a difference of what my Xenons look like lit up? Again, the 05 works just fine in my car, I'd hate to buy this one with the 'ignition element' and it doesn't work.. I'd appreciate any help I can get.. thanks!

PS: I just opened the back of my headlight and got the following part number:
    1 307 329 076
    Googled it and: Litronic AL Bosch Xenon Igniter comes up.

So does that mean that the 07 R52s don't have a separate igniter and the bulb ignites itself?

I ramble, I sorry.
    I confused.

Sara

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0