WTB Stock Intercooler Part

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by Batrugger, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Somehow I lost the threaded sleeve on the front corner of the intercooler that the cover bolts thread into. If someone has one and the bolt underneath that secures it that you could part with please LMK. Here is a picture and I have circled the threaded sleeve:

IMG_9064edited.jpg

2. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Could you not just get a little longer bolt and use a nylock nut on the bottom side? BTW...did you polish the end bells yourself? Looks good!

3. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I thought about that, but it would just make it more difficult to deal with compared to the stock setup. With all of the GP's, Altas, and DFIC's out there I was hoping someone could part with one. Unfortunately the dealer doesn't sell it by itself. The end tanks were polished by a local shop along with a lot of other things and the intercooler was painted with Eastwood radiator black paint. You can check it all out here:

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/exterior/9711-engine-bay-clean-up.html

4. jiminni

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Ok....so since you took the pictureyou lost the whole nut thingy? I just looked at my stock IC.....still have it. Not sure if I should part with that nut though :confused: then if I want to sell or use again will be in your same predicament :arf: Humm....I used a nut and nylock on the backside of my GP IC as you know the brackets dont work.

5. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Yes somehow it was lost while changing the plugs. I didn't put the cover back on immediately and it wasn't noticed until after it had been driven for awhile. For the GP intercooler I actually have the correct brackets.

6. KC Jr 54

KC Jr 54 New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Machine Operator
    Tyler, TX
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I have an extra stock I/C. Whats the piece worth to ya ? lol I take MINI parts in trade too...

7. jiminni

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Yea I could have sprung for the rear brackets....but I have had no movement or problems at all not having them :Thumbsup:

8. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    I have my stock one around somewhere, I'll look tonight and if I have what you need you can have it.

9. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thanks :Thumbsup:

10. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    And Wes, I was looking at Nathan's IC this morning. He had it off looking for a problem with his MINI throwing codes. I noticed the piece you need on his IC. Seems to be a simple coupling nut, albeit metric I'm sure. If you aren't successful getting a stock replacement, I'm sure you could match one up from McMaster Carr.

Here...
    McMaster-Carr