2nd Gen R56 Cooper S WTB: stock R56S downpipe

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by crdaniel, Jul 10, 2015.

1. crdaniel

crdaniel New Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. I've owned my 2007 MCS since 2011 and I've done loads of work to it since. (I'll post a complete mods/build thread later!)

Anyway I replaced my factory downpipe a couple years ago with the Akrapović downpipe with the high-flow cat and like an IDIOT I tossed the stock downpipe. The sound and power bump is pretty decent but it of course comes with a slew of check engine codes; P0420, P0140, etc. Because of this I later purchased the Akrapović Delete-R module which, as I understand it, is supposed to prevent the codes from popping. Does nothing. At all. Complete waste of $200+. I contacted Akrapović NA by phone where I spoke with a guy who couldn't tell me anything about the product but that he would have headquarters in Europe get back to him and then me. Never happened.

Anywho, I'd really like to purchase a factory downpipe for R56 from one of you lovely people for the purposes of passing emissions testing in Maryland where I live. Luckily I have a friend in GA who loans his out to me so I can swap pipes, pass the test, and then swap back but as you can probably imagine it gets pretty old.

Alternatively, if anyone can suggest a good place to have the o2 sensors coded out at the software level I'll take that too.

Thanks!

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,877 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA! I can't help but some one will be along that can