WTB: TSW V3 Lowering Springs

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by blue2turbo, Dec 18, 2012.

1. blue2turbo

blue2turbo New Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Norfolk, VA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #1 blue2turbo, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    I was planning on waiting for the new TSW Springs to come out, but there is no eta so in the mean time, I figured I would see if anyone has a set for sale.

I am looking for the V3 version that lowers the front slightly more then the V1's.

Need for my R53

Only stipulation I have, I DO NOT want a set that has the issue with raising the front end. I've read through the threads about it multiple times and its not something I'm willing to deal with. I would prefer to have pics of them installed in your car previously if possible.

If you have a set and want to part with them, please let me know. Thanks!

2. minime331

minime331 New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    washington dc metro area
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I have some tsw springs. I don't know what version they are I'll try to take some pics

3. minime331

minime331 New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    washington dc metro area
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Here is a picture I found with them on the car. The car was parked on the side of the street

Attached Files:

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Just buy a set of Swift springs. They are better then the TSW springs and will be the last set of springs you will need to buy.

Swift R53 Sport Springs SPEC-R

5. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Exactly!;)

6. blue2turbo

blue2turbo New Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Norfolk, VA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PM'd

And thanks for the suggestion guys, but I actually already had Swift Spec-R's on both Stock shocks and then I even added Koni Yellows, but they are too stiff for the roads I have to drive on everyday. I know everyone says, "oh my roads are bad," but if you were to come drive through Norfolk, VA you would probably never drive back. With the Swift springs on, no one would ride in my car anymore unless they absolutely had to.. and that's with both the stock shocks and the Koni's.... yes my roads are that bad.

If I left the area (frequent trips to Greenville, NC or towards northern VA) the Swift/Koni combo was fantastic, but I dreaded returning home... and that's after they've ATTEMPTED to fix our crappy concrete highways.

7. mini_racer

mini_racer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Engr Manager
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Ok then keep the springs you have now and move instead.

More seriously you should be looking at spring rate specs when comparing one spring to another.
    What spring rate came on the car?
    What do you have now?
    What do you want next time?

Quantify the firmness of the various spring you have had and possibly want. Look at the numbers, not some stupid reviews that will not be exactly relevant to your situation.

8. blue2turbo

blue2turbo New Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Norfolk, VA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, that is currently the plan. My girlfriend and I are starting to look into moving out of this area in the next couple of years, not because of the roads, but for a change of scenary.

I have been comparing spring rates and specs for quite some time. When I started looking into lowering the car, the bad batch of TSW V3 springs came out which led Way to find a new manufacturer so I bought the Swifts based off the reviews and that was my mistake. The 5k/5.5k combo performs great, but is bone jarring on bad roads and that's 99% of my roads.

So I went full circle back to where I started and being that the rates on the TSW's are softer and the springs are linear, I decided to give them a try. Plus I have ridden in cars with H&R sport springs, and those are brutal. What pushed me back to TSW's are 2 locals who had them on their previous Mini's that both said are the only spring that they will ride on other then stock for this area as they are still comfortable enough not to scare off passangers. One had them on stock shocks, the other on Koni FSD's.

Tein H-Tech was my other consideration due to mild drop .6"/.5" and a 209/230 spring rates, but they are discontinued and cannot be gotten.

9. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    #9 Dave.0, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    :Thumbsup::lol::lol::lol: