WUSTE 2011

Discussion in 'Wüste 2011 (June 3-5, 2011)' started by Mini-Rolls, Mar 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mini-Rolls

Mini-Rolls New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    OWNER
    Olympia, WA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    WUSTE 2011 is for Cars of all Makes and Models. GOMINIGO is the MINI Class Sponsor and there will be awards for tops MINIs/Minis. We will have our booth at this event. The organizer have reserved the entire Boulder Station hotel for the event. They have setup a bus to shuttle people from the Boulder Station to the STRIP and back all during the day. There is going to be lots of Media coverage. This is your chance to show off your MINI/Mini to a large group of other car owners and to show how we can customize our MINIs. I understand that this show is just a few weeks after AMVIV but I hope to see a lot MINIs at this event also. Hey this is another reason to take your MINI to Vegas..........

Wuste 2011 Las Vegas

About Wuste​

Originally called “Wustefest” (German for “Desert Gathering”), Wuste has quickly become one of the largest gathering of Volkswagen, Audi, and other European enthusiasts in the United States. Wuste2011, the fifth year of the event, is on pace to have more than 3,000 attendees with over 1,000 cars registered for the People’s Choice Show & Shine… where all eligible, everyone can vote, and anyone can win!

Wuste2011 will take place on June 3-5 (Friday-Sunday) in Las Vegas, NV. In order to handle the capacity of mostly out-of-towners, we’ve rented an ENTIRE hotel called Boulder Station (which is just a few miles off the strip). The hotel has 300 rooms which are already available on Wuste.com. Following the trend set by Wuste2010, the People’s Choice Show & Shine will be held on Saturday afternoon/evening in the parking structure of the host hotel.

2. Wikedmini

Wikedmini MINI of the Month - December 2009

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
  3. Mini-Rolls

Mini-Rolls New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    OWNER
    Olympia, WA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the repost but I was unable to find it. Since GOMINIGO is sponsoring the MINI Class, I talked with Nathan and asked if we could get this event post upfront with all the other events. GOMINIGO will be in Vegas on the 2nd with one or two other MINIs from the Northwest. We are hoping to see a more MINIs at this event.

4. Wikedmini

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yup,.. thats what he told me!! I'm glad to see some one other than me excited for the show! :Thumbsup:

5. Wikedmini

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Wuste TwentyEleven!!!!!!!!
    In case you missed it, REGISTRATION ise live! Everyone (including passengers/friends) planning to come should head to Wuste.com and register! And it's free!!

6. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    im excited and will be there. not in my mini this year but if you want to find me i will be on the top floor in the vw sponsor booth.

7. Wikedmini

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Two weeks after amviv!!! I'm ready for both!!

8. drabdub

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    cant wait to see all the minis

9. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    22 days to go bump :D

10. drabdub

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    not enough time
    :crazy:

11. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Less than two weeks away bump. If you missed AMVIV or just want to another excuse to go to Vegas then here it is. The MINIs have their own class this year so please come out and represent. The whole Boulder Station is reserved for the event so it is means that there will be no one to complain about parking lot gatherings or good times in the rooms. For the Socal people, there is a big caravan meeting in Barstow on Friday June 3rd at 11 am. Hope to see a lot of MINIs there.

12. Wikedmini

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Less than a day away!!! I'll see ya there wes!

Hope to see lots of minis there too!

13. Wikedmini

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Here are a few of my photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WHERE U AT!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, 2nd place mini yo!
    [​IMG]

More here:
    [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/63201163@N03/sets/72157626903828014/"]Wuste TwentyEleven 2011 - a set on Flickr[/ame]

14. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Congratz Scrappy.....:D

15. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    This weekend was a great show at Wuste in Vegas , but it sucked for me. I was driving to Vegas boosting 18 lbs, stereo blasting, AC blowing and the car just shut off. I had power and all the accessories worked, but the car would not crank or even push start. I found a burned wire, fixed it and got on the road again. I got a little further and the same thing happened. I had to get a tow and I was only good for 42 miles so I had to pay for 10 more miles that cost me $100. I got together with my Dub Pound and we found that the main chassis ground was loose. I hooked it up and the car would crank, but it wasn't charging the battery. I decided to let it go until the next day. Saturday I got to work around 1 PM and long story, but I ended up punching a hole in my oil pan while removing my alternator to get it tested. I found a new oil pan at the local dealer and that cost me another $283. I tested the alternator and the good news was it was good, but that meant that I didn't know what was wrong with the car still. Back at the show I got the alternator back in and borrowed a floor jack and jack stands to get the new pan on which was finally finished just before midnight. Sunday after the awards ceremony (Kelli took first in class) I went out to figure out why the car wasn't charging. A guy stepped in with a multimeter and we traced a dead wire to a fused link that I forgot about that I used to extend the wire to move the battery to the back. I asked around and another person actually had the bus fuse that I needed and it was fixed at 2 PM on Sunday afternoon. Since I was leaving the next day I left it there and finally got some time to relax. Monday getting ready to leave, letting the car warm up, I saw some coolant leaking. I found that the overflow connection on the coolant reservoir was cracked and leaking. Another trip to the dealer for a new one and i was on my way to get the ECU flashed to work with the bigger turbo. I got to the shop and saw that I was leaving a trail of oil and where I parked it was starting to pool. The tube for my new oil catch can drain had come loose and I was loosing oil out of the flange. I got it reattached, cleaned up the mess and got the car flashed. I got on the road, hit the gas and watched the boost climb past 20lbs and then there was a loud bang and the car shut off. I got it started and limped into a gas station and found that the throttle body hose had blown off. Fixed that and hit the road. Boost was spiking at 23lbs and holding 20lbs and the car is just a beast to drive. I cranked the tunes and turned on the AC to enjoy the trip home. Got 50 miles down the road and I started getting the indicator for no charge. I pulled over and found the fuse that we had replaced had blown again. I guess with the AC it was too much load. I ended up cutting a small section of wire from my amp ground and used it to replace the fuse. Worked great and I finally made it back Monday evening. It really made for a long weekend, but I am so glad it got fixed before I had to head home. I did get to see Andrew (Rally) and Jeff (drabdub) out there and Melissa (Wikedgolf) was hanging out with us like old times. Saturday Andrew (Agro) from Sin City MINIs came brought his classic out and it was a big hit. I worked hard all weekend, but it was still a good time, we got to see some hot cars, and we got to hang out with some great people.