YeaHa.... Let's go Racin....

Discussion in 'Motorsports Chat & Race Preparation' started by Metalman, Dec 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    1906 Darracq Grand Prix Racer.......:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgjG1U-DGgU]1906 Darracq Grand Prix Race Car - YouTube[/ame]

2. Rae

Rae Club Coordinator

Oct 14, 2010
    teacher for severely/multiply disabled students
    Oregon
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Awwwww, I thought you were coming out for MINIThunder 3 this year! President's Day weekend and there will be CA sunshine!

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Man that was so cool. That machine was a real beast, have to love a hand brake that only works the rear wheels & the exposed rocker gear. Those other cars going by were spaceships in comparison.

Thanks Chuck!

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, I'll bet he was thinking $$$ when he got off the course a little in some of the turns. He was real careful with what was around him. I'll bet he kept thinking about his insurance premium with Lloyds of London....... Haha

5. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Very cool, cars were a lot of work to drive back then, even a model T compared to today!

That video illustrated perfectly why I got rid of my GoPro cameras, that nasty clicking sound is the camera mount, I never could get the standard mounts that came with the camera to not make that noise, and I tried everything from tape to nylon tie straps......

6. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Years ago I watched a guy in Bugatti GP car almost get tossed out of his car after he got crossed up in the carousel at Mid-Ohio at the SVRA races. It illustrated to me why there are not many old racing drivers. Back in the day that car was racing you had a better chance of dying than of living.

7. Alan

Alan Active Member

May 6, 2009
    retired
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that car would NOT pass tech for any track day organization I have run with. No roll bar above the driver's head.