Yuengling Brewery Tour

Discussion in 'The GREAT Ice Cream Run 4 (June 16 - 21, 2013) VA ' started by zinvestor, May 20, 2013.

1. zinvestor

zinvestor Active Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Mfg Systems Consultant
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    In discussion with Jak, I suggested a Yuengling Brewery tour since the group was going to be passing through Pottsville, PA, and he graciously added the stop to the event. We will be touring the brewery on Tuesday, June 18, with a private tour for our group of 36 people. I am still trying to arrange parking as there is nothing but street parking in the vicinity of the brewery.

The tour is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. and will last 1.25 hours. I am including the brewery information - please note well the shoe requirement (closed, no flip-flops or sandals).

Tours last approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.

All ages are welcome. A valid ID is required to sample Yuengling products at the end of the tour. There is soda available for those under the age of 21 and visitors who prefer non-alcoholic beverages.

All tour visitors must wear completely closed shoes. No sandals, flip flops, clogs, Crocs, anything with openings around your foot is unacceptable, must be a completely closed shoe.

Pets are not permitted.

Photographs are allowed. Video cameras, recorders or cell phones are permitted.

Unfortunately, due to the age of the facility, the building is not handicapped accessible.

Tourists are required to go up and down approximately 120 steps while on the tour. It is important for tourists with health problems to be aware of this when deciding to tour the facility. The steps are not all in the same building, and there are breaks along the way.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the event.

2. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    They give great tours... You will love it.
    FYI- there is a parking garage not far from the brewery. Lots of parking there.

3. zinvestor

zinvestor Active Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Mfg Systems Consultant
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I know they give great tours, I lived in suburban Philly for 10 years and got up there 4 or 5 times. Totally love their Lord Chesterfield Ale. Planning to get a couple of cases of 16s while I'm there.

They told me about the garage, but it is at the bottom of the hill and us FOFs wouldn't be able to do the tour after that. There is a church in the block East of the Brewery with a parking lot and I'm trying to reach them to see if 21 Minis can use it for a couple of hours on the morning of the 18th.

4. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    #4 KittyMini, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    Yup, it is at the bottom of the hill.
    Good luck with the church... Hopefully they let you park there.

I didn't realize they made Lord Chesterfield. Nice! :Thumbsup:

5. BRG_Paul

BRG_Paul Active Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Turbomachinery Engineer
    York, PA
    Ratings:
    +184 / 0 / -0
    #5 BRG_Paul, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    CarlisleMINI did a rally and tour of Yuengling last year. It was a lot of fun and the tour is like going back in time..the old brewery is really cool. Much of the beer is stored underground...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369181381.740636.jpg

Samplings of Lord Chesterfield and Porter too... :)