The R53 has a couple of parts in the timing chain system that can be easily serviced. The tensioner can become stuck in the closed position, causing timing chain rattle (and I'd assume, premature...
Guest - Welcome to the new Motoring Alliance Site! Steve, MCS02 and I were up until the early hours this morning working to get it done... as you can see it took us a bit longer than expected to get Phase 1 up and running. We are not 100% there.. its a journey. For site updates, "How Do I" and feedback please use the Announcements, How Do I, Feedback Forum (Links below). Like building a car.... its never done... and thanks for your patienceSite Announcements "How Do I" Feedback
- LATEST in 1st Generation MINI - Timing System Service (Chain Tensioner & guides)
- LATEST in 1st Generation MINI - Gen1 Justacooper Exhaust System Reference
- LATEST in 1st Generation MINI - Homelink Remote Installation
- LATEST in 1st Generation MINI - Texas Speedwerks X-Brace for the R50, 52 and 53
- LATEST in 1st Generation MINI - Craven Speed “Return of the CAI” Cold-Air Intake system for R53 MINI Cooper S