This will reset the radio station genre info (ROCK, TOP 40, TALK, etc.) by accessing the service mode on your radio. This will clear all your preset stations, so you might want to write them down before starting the process.
These instructions are for the non-NAV-equipped radio.
1. Insert Key into ignition
2. Turn radio OFF by pressing the volume button.
3. Turn radio ON by pressing the volume button.
4. Within 8 seconds press and hold the manual tuning button (the one with the m on it)
5. Press and release the button under the + sign until the "AREA" screen shows up
6. Press the button under USA.
7. Press the volume button to turn the radio off.
8. Press the volume button to turn the radio on.
Your radio will now show the correct RDS/PTY genre when you tune to a station broadcasting this info.