GeorgeCo Red MCS
- Make (Legacy):
- Year (Legacy):
- Model (Legacy):
- Cooper S
- Color (Legacy):
- I Bought this car in 2011 used from Passport MINI in Alexandria VA with 45K miles. It looked almost brand new. I said I wouldn't track it. Wrong. In fact, this car was the inspiration to start my MINI business, SpecR53.com. Now it is primarily a track car and test bed for the shop.
- Ice Mods:
- CAI without cowl adds lots of interesting sounds. Shift light, OBDII data through PLX devices interface to Harry's Laptimer on iPhone 5S in an Optrix Camera Case mounted to the rollbar -- that's about all the entertainment anyone needs.
- Winter, Factory LSD, Punch Leather Seats
- Exterior Mods:
- We haven't really changed the exterior much. Our focus has been speed over looks. Swapped out the mirror caps to make it easier to spot on the track. Have JCW grille now and stubby antenna. That's about it for cosmetics. Removed fog lights to put in brake ducts. Usually run a splitter at the track (Home Depot, $20) and a grille on the scoop (Gutter Guard, $5).
- Interior Mods:
- Punch leather interior, red dash and trim. Added Boost and Volt meters to the speedo cluster.
Then added shift light and swapped out the steering wheel for JCW model. Added home-made Carbon Fiber trim to the steering wheel ($45). Took out the rear seats and speakers when put in the rollbar. Seats and speakers weighted 20lbs more than the rollbar. Go figure.
- Drivetrain Mods:
- Started with unmodified engine. Added 15% reduction SC pulley, Custom Tune from Behe Performance, Alta Diverter, DDM CAI, MSD Coilpack, Magnecor 8.5mm wires, ATI superdamper.
About 200 hp at the wheels. Without a better LSD, that's about all it will put down on the road.
- Suspension Mods:
- H&R Sport Springs, H&R 19mm Adjustable Rear Swaybar, H-Sport Adjustable Control Arms, SPC Camber Plates, Convertible Strut reinforcement braces, Bilstein Sport Struts.
- Wheels and Tires:
- The car came with R84. Swapped those for R90s. Swapped those for Sparco Assetto Garas (street) and Racing Dynamics Pro 1.2 wheels for the track.