- Make (Legacy):
- Year (Legacy):
- Model (Legacy):
- Color (Legacy):
- Pure Silver/Black
- Bought this car in February of 2013. Drove 3 hours to the dealership to look at a Mazda speed 3 hatch. When I finally got there they told me since it was my first car loan that the Mazda had too many miles on it. I was disappointed, the used cars they had on the lot were all very lame. The salesman brought me to the lot they keep the cars that have been traded in within the last week. I wanted a quick hatch so I had to decide between a VW golf and this silver and chrome MINI (not a fan of chrome). I decided to drive the MINI first. I pulled out of the dealership and almost made my mind up instantly. I need this car. Drove home in my new (to me) MINI cooper 2 days later. When I got home with my new baby I started researching MINI's. Besides the dreaded Auto CVT that smacked me in the face I was blown away by the love that people show these cars. I knew I wanted to get rid of this chrome and that's when I fell in love with Plasti Dip. I dipped all the chrome except for the belt-line in Matte Black Plasti Dip. Now that I have cosmetically done what I want with my car my next adventure is finishing my payments so I can trade my Justa in for a S. Preferably supercharged just because I love the early MINI body style.
MINI MYKL had a "motor" attack, he will be ok, insurance will cover the cost and MINI MYKL will recover, we can rebuild him. SEE: Under the Bonnet
- Ice Mods:
- Aftermarket stereo, 12" Sub, radar detector
- Sport, Panorama Sunroof
- Exterior Mods:
- Matte black Plasti Dip applied to all chrome pieces (Trim, Grille, Lights, emblems) and wheels. Blacked out side markers. Aftermarket HID headlights w/ LED halo. Smoked taillights and reverse light. Black MINI side stripes.
- Interior Mods:
- Black and Silver
- Drivetrain Mods:
- MINI MYKL's motor threw a rod when it sucked a good amount of water into the engine while driving through an over sized puddle. MYKL had 104k miles when I bought him, motored to 127k miles in under a year of owning. His new motor will be installed soon w/ 65,000. Its like getting a new heart with half the mileage, whoo!
UPDATE: Was notified that the motor they found w/ 65k was sold and not updated, shop found another motor w/ only 45k miles. Going to have to wait another week until MINI MYKL and I will be reunited. Just wish I could go to bed and wake up when its over with.
- Suspension Mods:
- Wheels and Tires:
- Matte black Plasti Dipped stock rims