MINI OldBrokenWind's R56
- Make (Legacy):
- Year (Legacy):
- Model Year:
- Model (Legacy):
- Body style:
- Chassis Code:
- General Color:
- Color (Legacy):
- Pure Silver
- MINI Color Name:
- Wheel Horse Power (WHP):
- Updated Feb 2018. Bought the car used in 2010 just to build it up. Had 36K on it. Seven years later, it has 96K. I'm calling it "One of, if not THE baddest R56 in the USA". Dyno tuned at Cobb by Alta (Jeff Perrin). Chart can be viewed at www.accessecu.com/dyno - Cobb's Surgeline facility. Also have Manic stage 4. Latest chart is included in pics.
- Ice Mods:
- OEM radio, CD player and best of all, my spouse.
- Exterior Mods:
- No mods. The intent is to drive around in a "sleeper". Since there's no satellite radio, the antenna has been removed. Front license plate was moved up a little, so it doesn't block airflow to the FMIC.
- Interior Mods:
- Pics of the AquaMist HFS-4 --- Water / Methanol Injection system tank, and added gauges --- Boost, WMI, and Coolant Temp. Also the WMI controls inside the glove box. FCD's have since been removed.
- Drivetrain Mods:
- Pics of the holes under the hood so a Garrett will fit, and the WMI input. Also has a Manual Boost Controller, catless 3" down pipe, Saikou Michi dual OCC, K & N Typhoon air filter, external BOV, custom turbo air inlet piping, WMI manifold. Didn't take a pic of the OS Giken clutch / flywheel and LSD, Thumpers TPR1 head & matched manifolds, heat range "9" spark plugs, CP Carrillo rods & pistons, SuperTech valves & springs, Cat Cams, or the FMIC.
- Suspension Mods:
- Hotchkis Competition rear anti-roll bar
JCW Front Strut Brace, from BMW
Koni FSD Struts
Vibra-Technics Lower Engine Mount
More to follow ---
- Wheels and Tires:
- Summer uses 195/55R16 Bridgestone RE760 Sport on OEM rims.
Winter uses 195/55R16 Michelin X-Ice on 16X7 Focal F9 rims.
For racing I mount two BF Goodrich drag radials, 225/45R17 on 17X7.5 Focal F01 rims - super sticky!