1,000 year old cars at Pebble Beach

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JOHNHOF, Aug 28, 2011.

1. JOHNHOF

JOHNHOF New Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I was looking though articles on The Vintage Racing League website and I ran across one that made me laugh. In The Monterey County Herald there is an article that states some of the new cars at this year Concours d'Elegance could be show winners in 1,000 year from now. I assume they meant to write 2111 but the image of 1,000 year old cars sitting on the greens of Pebble Beach was much more entertaining.

Here is a copy of part of that article.

While the confetti rained on the 1934 Voisin C-25 Aerodyne for winning the "Best of Show" at the 2011 Concours d'Elegance, the future winner, perhaps for 3011, may have been sitting nearby on the Pebble Beach practice green. That's where the next generation of driving machines were on display. The Concours d'Elegance at Pebble Beach marked the final day of Classic Car Week, which featured several events and auctions on the Peninsula showcasing vintage cars, oddball automobiles, state of the art vehicles and cars of the future.

Here is a link to The Vintage Racing League website. There are usually interesting things to see and some great old cars.
    The Vintage Racing League

I hope you enjoy the site.

John Hoffner

2. Rae

Rae Club Coordinator

Oct 14, 2010
    teacher for severely/multiply disabled students
    Oregon
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    :lol:
    That would be something to see!