Entertainment Electronics 1st Gen 1st gen HK vs Std radio wiring question

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by gptoyz, Nov 8, 2012.

1. gptoyz

gptoyz New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I've posted this question on the OTHER forum, but couldn't get any relevant answers...

OK apologies if this has already been answered but I couldn't find a definitive answer

It looks like from the wiring info on other peoples posts that the HK and non HK systems use the same headunit, boost in the us.

The HK amp seems to take the speaker level outputs from the boost head unit to the HK amp. Then wiring from the HK goes to respective speakers.

Is this accurate?

I was thinking of simulating the wiring structure of the HK so that I can run my own Class D 4 channel amp to my own choice of speakers which would hopefully look stock. I'm trying to find the smallest class d 4 channel amp running at 4 ohms in order to give me flexible speaker options and also so that it can mount in the stock hk location.

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: You're over my head but I know that we have electronic expertise around here so I'll BUMP your post to keep it in view. If you havn't heard anything by tomorrow, we'll bump it again.:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. gptoyz

gptoyz New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    thanks jason

4. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    Yes, completely accurate.

If you replace the HK amp with your own, you should also replace the HK speakers because they are 2 ohm with no crossovers.

5. gptoyz

gptoyz New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    awesome I this is exactly what i wanted to know thanks so much rkw