2004 Mini Cooper Clubman electrical problems.

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by Duane Horton, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Duane Horton

Duane Horton New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Relocation Services.
    Chicago, Illinois
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I own a 2004 Mini Cooper Clubman. I have some issues. It has 147k miles on it. I purchased this vehicle in September, and the list of problems is long. My immediate concern is the electrical system inside. The tachometer does not work at all. The speedometer is sticking at 65-90. The LED lights in the speedo do not light up. The dimmer knob does not work. The tachometer is completely dead dead. Mini of Chicago did a partial Electrical Diagnosis and came to the conclusion that I have to replace the X-15 connector as it is corroded from moisture and that they will finish the diagnosis after it has been replaced, they also told me I have to pay them for the part and it cannot be purchased outside a Mini Dealership. It would seem that because of this connector, various components don't work in the car, such as the computer call button, the entire tachometer, the speedometer, the triptronic shift for the transmission, the alarm system, the keyless entry remote and the central locking system. Although I have many other problems with my car, these are the ones I want to fix immediately. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am seeking a manual for the car, that includes all things electrical as well. Thank you.

2. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: WOW! Welcome to MA and congratulations(?) on the 2004 MINI Clubman. Are you sure about it being a '2004' model. I don't think that the Clubman came out until late 07 or 08. Anyway............with the problems that you have, I'm going to 'BUMP' your post and wait for the 'smarter than me' people to come along. GOOD LUCK!:Thumbsup:

Jason

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance, the FUN and Friendly MINI Community.

Can you give us little more info please as in 2004 MINI did not make the Clubman yet. Please check the drivers door jamb for the build date.

Thanks

4. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to M/A!

5. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Kinda confusing...what kinda car?
    In 2004 MINI mad JUST the HADTOP..in your choice of S (with the SUPERCHARGER) or as most call it, the "just-a" or the JUST -A -COOPER....
    Like said before...look at the driver-side door jamb....it will list the production date...
    The Automatic S did not come out till 2005...so sounds like a Justa!!
    with a CVT......

6. Clubman S Turbo

Clubman S Turbo New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI all, I have a first year Clubman and that was indeed 2008. So this is prob a first-year build, late 07 early 08.
    Duane, the Robert Bentley Publishers R56 Manual is quite good, I have one, and I did contract work for them in the late 90s, they are very thorough in their write-ups, so their accuracy is usually quite good.

7. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Sounds to me like you need to replace the X-15 connector first, then see what else is bothering it......