2005 R53 (Cooper S), 81,000 miles!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by ZippyNH, Jun 4, 2014.

1. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    #1 ZippyNH, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    After thinking long and hard, I have decided it is time to get into a car that both my wife and I can drive (she WILL NOT drive stick)...and in the short term, I hope it will let be get back to a flying job...so without a further delay or I may change my mind, I am going to sell my car!!
    Yes, I said it....heck...still love it...but I've got to make some changes, and I guess the MINI is getting amputated!!
    Here are the basics...I'll offer it locally to you folks before I start taking any parts off and sell it more "stock".....pictures should come in the next day or two!

The basics and a few thoughts...
    Car is at 81,000 miles..and has the ORIGINAL FACTORY PADS and ROTORS on the fronts (guess it tells you how I drive it LOL)
    Maintenance has been done with the intent of keeping the car indefinitely...mostly kept parked in a garage...
    Car has been AMAZINGLY reliable since new.... (just put in a NEW MAP+T-MAP), but outside of that...thats about it..lots if bits added to keep it reliable or make it better!! Installed a ATI Superdamper, Power steering fan duct kit from MINI, powerflex control arm bushings, and a replacement radiator fan a few years ago.
    Make MINI
    Model S, Hardtop!!
    Color Hyper Blue Metallic, Black Roof
    Packages Premium, Convenience, Including Chrome,chrono gauge and Xenon lights!
    History 11-04 Production, owned since new, Picked up 12-23-2004!!
    Driven since NEW!! So a ONE owner Car!

Under the Bonnet
    RMW Tuned...200 Hp...you get he RMW remote tune tool too!!
    Craven -17% Pulley
    ATI Superdamper...idles SMOOTHER THAN NEW!!
    Dinan CAI...no drone, nice whine when you get into it!!
    JCW 380's injectors
    Kingsbornewires
    MSD Ignition
    Power Steering Fan Duct-SAVE THE FAN, and keep it all cool!!

Exterior--pretty plain...I have kept it a sleeper...It does have the Factory Chrome kit (love it or hate it!!)
    Brake Light PULSAR(gen2)
    invisishield protection for front bumper and bonnet
    Headlight protectors, similar to the bumper product, but thicker....has kept the XENON headlight perfectly clear!!
    Exterior
    Brake Light PULSAR(gen2)
    invisishield protection for front bumper and bonnet

Interior..Full factory CHROME...actually look good IMO with a dark interior!!
    Ian Cull's Auto-Up Circuit-best first Mod!
    LightInSight -great to see traffic lights!!
    Min-speed drivers side leather leg padding-Great for long drives!
    "EURO" MINI Armrest..pulled from the US market...but still great!!
    Euro Parcel Shelf-great extra storage!!
    LED interior lighting...caue I could!!
    Blitzsafe/xmradio-OEM look, but XM for a fraction of the OEM price!! Not currently active..but one phone call to fix this...hidden roof wire!!
    WayMotorWorks Dead Pedal....makes highway cruising more Comfy!
    Added plus...this car is a "refresh" car, but was built BEFORE JAN 1, so NO PAX SEAT WEIGHT SENSOR to fail!!

Suspension
    H&R 19 MM Swaybar-just right for the street/Daily-driver IMO
    Craven Speed STD Gotta Prevent shrooms!!
    Koni FSD's-Great ride, good handling!!

Wheels and Tires
    General UHP's summer on stock R84 x-lites 16's Cheap, pretty decent!! But the Lightest OEM 16 rim!!
    Pirelli Winter p-210 Snowsports, 195-60r15 (H rating)mounted on a cheap set of 15" alloys (Primamax-Tuner)..for winter...It snows a ton in NH!! These tires are MOSTLY spent...but the rims can be reused..or IMO PAINT them..they would look AWESOME!
    Also a set of 2013 15' cooper rims 185-width Touring tires...great for commuting, but car really NEEDS more rubber..but still AMAZINGLY fun with limited traction....These tires/rims are on the car right now....lots of rubber left...

Car has a clean title..has had less that $1000 in body damage limited to a REAR BUMPER COVER and inner portion replaced..have the paperwork....

Wait there is MORE!! I will include a SPARE SUPERCHARGER!! yes a SPARE SC, good gears, nearly NEW, with a waterpump and SC HORN!!
    Also a full brake job in a box...was gonna do it in the fall...Akeebono pads, and high carbon rotors for the front, new pads for the rear!!
    Also included is the RMW remote tune too...car was tunes in person, but I goit the tool so I could update, etc with no worries of loosing the tune!This alone is about $350 item
    When sold, I'll include assorted spare/old bits, tools....if you ever want to trade or sell them..go for it...the spare wires, and coil are fine..good swap meet stuff or useful if you ever need to troubleshoot!!
    So a belt tensioner tool, and a oil filter cap removal wrench, and a few extra NEW OEM drain plugs, and some bit if you ever want to return parts of the car to stock!!
    More notes...this car DOES have the extended PS PUMP warranty AND O2 Sensor warranty as per the paperwork MINI USA has mailed me!!

Gonna call the Price $8700!! You get EVERYTHING!!

Send me a PM so we can set up some time to chat or see the car if you are interested!!
    Car is located in Hudson NH...basically the MA/NH state-line.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Sorry to see you selling your MINI.

Good luck with the sale.

3. AliceCooper

AliceCooper Club Coordinator

Mar 13, 2010
    CT Technologist
    South Florida
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to seeing some pics

4. ZippyNH

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    I'll be back in a couple years...I really DO HOPE...owning a MINI has been a blast!! Thanks!!

5. ZippyNH

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    GONE....
    after a year of not really wanted to sell...was in no rush, decided it was time...traded in on a new car.