2007 MCS JCW 230hp 45K Miles

Discussion in 'Classic Mini, MINI and other Cars for Sale' started by SDMiniFan, Dec 2, 2014.

1. SDMiniFan

SDMiniFan New Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Software Architect
    San Diego, CA
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    #1 SDMiniFan, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    *** SOLD ***

$14,500 - located in San Diego.

Up for sale is my 2007 Mini Cooper S JCW (John Cooper Works - Turbo R56) - except it has tasteful modifications that make it a GP-Killer! The custom suspension and engine mods (all CA smog-legal) produce handling and acceleration that exceed the specs for the 2013 Mini Cooper GP that sold for $40K+ and got rave reviews from the motoring press.

The car is in excellent condition and has had heaps of love and attention throughout its life. The car was tuned by the best professionals in LA and has been maintained by a knowledgeable Mini shop in San Diego. It has only 45K miles at this point - a fraction of what you would expect for this model year. It only gets driven on weekends and is stored in a garage under a tarp for most of the week.

Some of the highlights of this car:

* Upgraded Intercooler
    * Tuning by Jan Brueggemann (Revolution Motor Works - LA) - leading expert on Mini tuning
    * Dyno-rated at 230+ hp with almost 200 hp to the wheels
    * JIC/Cross Competition Coil-Over Suspension and lowering kit
    * StopTech Big Brake Kit
    * JCW OEM Body Kit (John Cooper Works)
    * 18" x 7" JCW (John Cooper Works) lightweight wheels in Matte Black with Hankook Ventus V4 215/35Z-R18 tires (not run-flat)
    * Astro Black Metallic body color with White roof

All Mini parts/component recalls have been performed as of 37K miles, so the issues you sometimes hear about early R56 models have already been handled. The oil/filter has just been changed and all service work is up-to-date. The car was just smogged in August. So, you have nothing to worry about - it is ready to rock-and-roll!

Driving experience - because it is a Turbo, it feels just like any "normal" Mini when you are driving at low RPM's around town. It is responsive and smooth plus it gets great gas mileage. When you stomp it, the Turbo kicks in and you better hang on! The acceleration and handling are guaranteed to put a smile on your face! This is a "driver's car" - loads of fun to tear up the roads!

As you can tell, I have a lot of pride-of-ownership. This is a fantastic car and the right owner will be very happy with what they get (for less than $15K!).

Attached Files:

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Good luck with your sale of a very nicely modded RMW / JCW 2nd gen.

3. SDMiniFan

SDMiniFan New Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Software Architect
    San Diego, CA
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Your list of Mods is off-the-charts!

I thought my mod list was decently long, but your list is off-the-charts! Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated! Just for fun, I have attached a photo of my car when it was displayed at SEMA 2007 - of course, no longer looks like this.

Attached Files: