2009 MINI Cooper S (R56) Street & Track Toy for Sale - SOLD

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by countryboyshane, Sep 11, 2013.

1. countryboyshane

countryboyshane New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    2009 MINI Cooper S (R56) Street & Track Toy for Sale

My 2009 MINI Cooper S is now up for sale. This is one of the best street & track dedicated MINIs in the country. It's faster than any factory JCW and even the highly priced GP2. This is not only due to the powertrain, but the car's fantastic suspension. No cheap stuff here. Suspension includes KW, Vorshlag, and Hotchkis. More details found below. The price is $19,999 and of course I'm willing to negotiate. All reasonable offers accepted. Considering what I've invested into the car compared to others on the market for high performance street & track, this is easily one of the best on the market.

The reason I'm selling the car is because I bought another car and it makes no sense for me to have two sports cars in my garage. I would much rather invest in the new project.

I am the original owner of the car. Non-smoker. It has been paid off so you don't have to worry about dealing with banks. From 2009-2010 it was my daily driver. 90% of the miles were accrued on freeways, as I always had to take them to work. With 50,000 miles on the clock in the beginning of 2011, I bought another car as my daily driver and the MINI became a dedicated summer fun toy. No more rain or snow from that point forward and the car was primarily driven on track along with fair weather street fun. On average I went to 4-6 track events per year. It was also properly stored away for the winters at that point. Detailing work is above par and the paint still has a "mile deep" shine. The car has been babied by me and drives fantastically.

Current mileage 57,000

From the Factory
    -Midnight black metallic body and roof
    -No sunroof. Very rare!!! This alone is worth 50 pounds of weight savings.
    -Sport Package
    -Mechanical LSD (discontinued by MINI in 2010). Another rare find in the MINI scene.
    -6-speed Getrag Manual Transmission
    -Alarm System
    **window sticker available upon request

The car has had common repairs done for N14 engine powered R56 models by Motor City MINI and myself. I have attached pictures to prove this. This includes:

Timing chain system, replaced at 11,056 miles Motor City MINI
    Auxiliary water pump recall, replaced at 52,399 miles Motor City MINI
    Water pump replaced at 41,631 miles Motor City MINI
    Carbon buildup checked and cleaned every year by hand
    Intercooler cleaned of any oil mist condensation yearly
    Front control arm bushings replaced with Powerflex polyurethane bushings
    **Pictures of work orders available upon request

The car has a lot of performance oriented modifications. Please contact me directly for a full listing as it will not fit in this ad.

The car isn't perfect. Here are some known small issues (CARFAX available on request):

Bonnet has common very small rock chips on the front. This is a very common issue for all MINIs because of their body shape.

Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) has error.

The SRS light is on because of addition of Sparco seats.

Not CARB approved. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS.

Factory Bi-Xenon headlights have a small amount of sunburn on the inside. Nothing offensive though.

The car is located in Bloomfield Hills, MI. It will be stored in my garage for the winter when the first snow flake hits the ground. Test drives are available as long as the roads are clear and dry. It's certainly available to ship via transport at any time.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am happy to negotiate a deal we can both be happy with.

Accepted Payments Cash in person or cashier's check. Will not ship/release car till check clears.

List Date: 9/11/2013

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2009 MINI Cooper S (R56) Street & Track Toy for Sale
    --------------------------------------
    Item Has Been Sold.

[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Good Luck with the sale. What did you get to replace?

3. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    :drool

Very nice.....Hope that someone picks that sexy ride up!

4. countryboyshane

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    '05 Lotus Elise. I was going to wait awhile but a nicely equipped and low mileage one came on my radar screen not too far away in Michigan City, IN. The guy I bought it from without a doubt got it as a mid-life crisis car. He wasn't a performance type guy since he put all-season tires on the really nice Lotus Sport wheels :mad2: Toyo R888 on them now :cornut:

He was retirement age and wanted to sell so he could have more money to retire to Thailand. Funny coincidence since I'm going there on vacation this winter. My wife and I call it our "rescue Lotus" since I really don't think the guy enjoyed the car as much as he should based on the evidence I saw. It's in a good home now.

5. countryboyshane

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    This bad to the bone MINI is still for sale. Don't be shy to shoot an offer my way. All reasonable offers will be considered. Winter is coming and that's not much more time for those that want to carve up the roads in spirited fashion!

6. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Post pictures of your new ride and good luck with the sale of your old ride.

7. countryboyshane

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0