Most liked posts in thread: 2010 Redline Time Attack Schedule

1. Mike

Mike New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I would definitely like to come out to watch at Buttonwillow and/or Willow Springs, both of which are near my house. I could be talked into helping someone with pit work, as well.

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I might see what my schedule is like for Willow and Buttonwillow. I just might run in the street class, or something.

3. Muffy Motorhead

Muffy Motorhead New Member

Aug 24, 2009
    North Hollywood, CA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I heard that they sold the rights to the name after the end of the 2009 schedule.

My question is are new people going to be organizing the events?

I participated in two Time Attacks last year and they are so poorly run I am not planning on going back again any time soon unless serious changes are made. And their classification system is a joke. I like the Speed Ventures points system much better. At least it makes some sense to me. Unfortunately they don't have a full challenge series, yet, but we did have one challenge last December. And then you only have to compete against MINIs.

Am looking to start competing in the NASA series. I heard they run good, organized events.

Susan

4. M.Bonanni

M.Bonanni New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    North Las Vegas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    2010 rules can be found here. Although we are still waiting on one section to be finalized.

2010 Redline Time Attack Rules (FINAL) - Time Attack Forums

Redline Time Attack recently got bought out by a group of investors and that means nothing but good things for the series. The investor group has TONS of years of professional motorsports experience in ROLEX, Grand Am, etc. and they are making A LOT of behind the scenes changes to help make this seasons events much better for competitors and fans. Up until this point the entire staff of RTA was pretty much volunteer based. Event the owners still had regular full time jobs and families. Now RTA has a whole staff of full time employees and that alone will make a big difference in organization and making the series better.

Anyways, that being said, I am planning to be out at all of the West Coast events, but not in a MINI. I will be driving the Berk Technology Time Attack BMW 135i. Hope to meet some of you out there!