2011 Refresh Spy Shots

Discussion in 'Future MINIs' started by Nathan, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

The imminent arrival of the four-door, four-wheel drive Countryman may be the big MINI news at the moment, but the BMW-owned firm are keen to show they haven’t forgotten their bread and butter model.

These spy shots show a hatchback Cooper S sporting minimal camouflage and a slight facelift to keep it looking fresh.

At the front, the lower grille has shed its chrome surrounding, in favour of two chrome rimmed air-intakes. This design is mirrored at the rear of the car, incorporated within an all-new bumper. Completing the updates are re-freshed light clusters.

Meanwhile, inside many of metal-effect finishes in the current car will make way for more upmarket materials borrowed from the Countryman.

No major mechanical upgrades are expected but a few minor revisions will concentrate on cutting CO2 emissions and improving efficiency.

Expect the updated MINI range to go on sale in August this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Read more: MINI facelift spied | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

2. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I swear every time Mini refreshes the exterior they start with the old clay model and just attach more stuff to it.

3. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    That Chrome will most definitly need a black-out kit...

4. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    @ sideways. Even though I try to let these photos grow on me I thought the same thing when I first saw them. Those rear lights will take some getting use to.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Those taillights are still somewhat disguised. Look close at the black area, it looks like tape or vinyl.