2nd Gen R56 Cooper Most liked posts in thread: 2012 Fiat 500 vs. 2011 Mini Cooper Comparison Test and Video

1. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I'm happy there are some fun car choices out there. I figure for every Fiat 500 on the road there is one less big honking SUV on the road.

2. MaverickGun

MaverickGun New Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I agree. And I don't mean to sound negative since I do like the Fiat. Nowadays, I feel it does what it was designed to do well, and in the end I suppose that's what really matters :Thumbsup:

3. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Good reading. Thanks Nathan. If I were in the market I'd gladly spend the extra 4K plus (as quoted in the article) and have a pet I'd love ta feed, bathe, and show off to perfect strangers on any given day. A keeper.

Or on the other hand, it's kind'a like being a pig farmer and you want to take your prize hog out ta dinner. You dress her up and put some lipstick on her, and she's still a pig!

I'm just say'n...

4. Number Six

Number Six New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Internet Marketing Manager
    Vermont, USA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Nice find Nathan - thanks for sharing.

5. MaverickGun

MaverickGun New Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I was actually kind of excited about the Fiat when I saw it at the 2010 LA Auto Show. I thought it was cool that Fiat was finally coming back to the US and, at least from the outside, I found the styling kind of fun and I was looking forward to seeing how it'd stack up against MINI, which it was obviously gunning for. If I was expecting some sort of rivalry, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. Not that I was ever considering trading in my MINI for a Fiat, but some competition is sometimes fun. I guess we'll see what they do with the Abarth next year.

6. Number Six

Number Six New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Internet Marketing Manager
    Vermont, USA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I am glad there's some fun cars to choose from besides the "copy-cars" from Japan and elsewhere, that are also affordable.

And seeing how the FIAT is less expensive, I would hope that the MINI would be a better car; but also nice to know that the MINI is the better buy as well.

:Thumbsup:

7. tmors424

tmors424 New Member

May 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @ Crashton my tag number is I8NSUV :D