2014 SCCA SOLO RULE disclosed : How to prep R56S for D-Street Class?

Discussion in 'Autocross' started by mini_aaron, Dec 21, 2013.

1. mini_aaron

mini_aaron New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    After months of waiting, with lots of rumors, they finally disclosed 2014 SOLO rule book (Draft edition available for now)

Available here : http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2014%20Solo%20Rules%20Book%201%20draft%20a%20reduced.pdf

For mini maniacs have been competing in D-Stock class would want to keep thier journey in Newly created D-Street/D-Street R Class. Like me.

It looks like the major modification allowance hasn't been changed that much(compared to 40 years old form of Stock Class rule), but it would be helpful to start this thread,

"How to make our MINIs most competitive in the new SOLO rule?"

2. mini_aaron

mini_aaron New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So, in my case, I have been using my toy at track and auto-x to get used to play with it for 2 years... (with practice tires - RE760 sport)
    I am finally aiming to get into the season podium range, so I am ready to spend money.

Since Street class doesn't allow much of mods,

This is my plan...

205-50-16 Dunlop Zii
    H-sport rear sway
    WMW Catback(to sharpen throttle response)
    - most of the manufacturer sells de-catted "cat-back" which is not allowed in Street class. Even Alta stopped to produce the rear cat-back exhaust... too bad.
    oem dry air filter change right before the season
    Schroth harness

Any idea? Anything else should I consider? and.. Will that tire size enough(in terms of width) on the pad?
    I reallized that if I go with wider width like 215/225, I would get larger diameter(radius) which cause less acceleration...

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Can you change alignment settings? If so can you add plates in front. If not can you pull the nylon pins out at the front & scoot the struts over a bit?

4. kyoo

kyoo New Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    for starters, i think definitely running a 16x7 wheel is a good idea.

i'd also grab some bilstein sports and get them custom valved