Rally Most liked posts in thread: 2022 FIA World Rally Championship - Dawn of the Hybrid Era

1. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    You have to zoom in really tight on google maps to find Mainstream Asia. It is a stream after all.

not excited about the electric future

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I know electric cars are the future. They are not in my future. As an old fart I'll be driving a hydrocarbon powered car until I hang up my keys for the last time.

We have hybrid F1 now & it hasn't done anything to improve the racing. There is Formula E that is a real snooze-fest. Now WRC-hybrid & they are talking of hybrids for Indy car in the near future. :Dead:

3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I love the tech but all electric cars are kind of like jet fighters. Cool but nothing like seeing some of the old war birds like a P51 mustang. They just don't have a sole. The other thing I don't like is they are being shoved down our throats in the name of saving the environment. I wont get into it but they are not easer on the environment.
    There is some cool things about them and if you like them great, I may own one one day too. But still