4 Guys and a MINI [Shameless Plug]

Discussion in 'Roadkill and other Musings' started by MINI_Marc, Jan 12, 2010.

1. MINI_Marc

MINI_Marc New Member

May 4, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey there gang. Just thought I'd let everyone who isn't on Facebook (or rather, not a friend of mine on Facebook) know about this site/project that my friends and I are currently working on.

4 Guys and a MINI

It's a website dedicated to the road trip that my friends and I take each year. Last year (2009) was to MINIs on the Dragon, Washington D.C. & New York City. This year's road trip will be 10x as epic, as we are going to be going to California and back (with various stops on the way to and back of course). The first stop of which will of course be the 2010 MINIs on the Dragon! :Thumbsup:

And yes, we will be taking my MINI. And JUST my MINI and whatever we can fit inside of it. Our plans are to camp across the country in order to keep the cost down (staying at various National Parks and such). For detailed plans, check out the "Road Trip Plans" link on the website. There isn't too much on there right now, but there will be as the route and plans mature.

So for anyone who would like to track our progress and see what kind of shenanigans we are up to throughout the road trip, just check out the above site and also check out the Facebook page (and soon to be Myspace and Twitter pages as well).

See you guys at the Dragon! :cornut:

~MM

2. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like fun. I like the disclaimer about not being officially associated with MINI or BMW. Gotta keep those lawyers off your back :Thumbsup:

Motor on...

3. dude thats pretty cool! where are you guys currently? when you hit LA pm me i wanna say wahts up

4. imspencerwithanr53

imspencerwithanr53 New Member

May 27, 2009
    Barista
    Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a rack?

5. MINI_Marc

MINI_Marc New Member

May 4, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jbkoopa, we are in FL currently. The Road Trip doesn't start until April 27th. We will be motoring up for MINIs on the Dragon 2010 and then start heading west. I'll try to remember to PM you when we get to LA though. :D

imspencerwithanr53, I will be getting one of the MINI Roof Racks soon...just as soon as that Tax Return gets here. :Thumbsup:

If anyone has any tips or suggestions for our route/trip, please feel free to post them up. The current route is not set in stone, and will probably change a few times before the trip begins. But that is the general direction anyway.

~MM

6. you guys gonna hit up vegas? lol

7. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I think this sounds like an amazing trip, and I wish you guys the best. Me, there's no effing way I could take a trip this long 4 up in a MINI!

Take more pics this time, OK?

8. MINI_Marc

MINI_Marc New Member

May 4, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minidave, oh we plan on taking a bunch of pics this time. We (or rather I) had a slight camera mishap last year, and had to purchase a new camera in the middle of the road trip. Lame! I'm still waiting for the other guys' pictures from last year too. The ones on the site are just from me.

jbkoopa, we actually are planning to hit up Vegas! :D Camping just outisde the city or at least close to.

We also plan on doing daily videos (in HD too!) which will also be posted on the website/youtube/facebook/twitter/myspace, ect. ect.

Here is a map and destinations as of right now: .::4 Guys and a MINI::. Road Trip Plans

It's a work in progress, but we will follow that general route.

~MM

9. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    You might consider Vimeo to post Vids, I have a friend who posts his in-car race vids there and the quality is quite a bit better than You Tube, and no 10 minute limit either.

10. do you guys have a flip mino?
    btw theres a roaming feature on this forum that allows you to add pics thru email and phone
    so you can always make threads and upload pics whnever you like
    :D

11. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Sounds to me like the new Countryman would be perfect for this trip. You could keep extra cameras on the center track.

Jim

12. MINI_Marc

MINI_Marc New Member

May 4, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Due to some time and money restraints, we had to shorten up the route just a tad. No more California or Vegas on the to do list this time. The time we would have had to spend there wouldn't give it any justice, so we decided to cut it out all together and leave it for another time.

.::4 Guys and a MINI::. Road Trip Plans

Still planning on going to the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, etc. etc.

The Countryman would be a perfect car yes, if it wasn't so werid looking! lol I love my MINI too much to part with it right now.

~MM

13. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Looks to be epic, I've always wanted to give cross country a go. How long do you have to do all this?

14. racer13

racer13 New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    student/racer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    planning on coming to wi Wisconsin haha?