90's Sportpack, Japanese spec automatic

Discussion in 'Classic Mini' started by Minidave, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +3,730 / 1 / -0
    My next project arrived last night right while the trick or treaters were coming thru the neighborhood. It came in what has to be the nicest enclosed transport I've ever seen - as it was dark I didn't get any pics, but when he comes to retrieve it I'll get some pics then.

This car is in for a full suspension rebuild as the cones have collapsed and it's practically sitting on the bumpstops - the owner says he can't drive over a quarter in the road without it crashing. ;)

IMG_20201101_112115R.jpg

He also wants me to remove all the A/C components and if you look at this pic I'm sure you can see why!

IMG_20201101_112200R.jpg

I won't be getting too far into this one for a bit, I need to button up the red Innocenti on the lift so I can swap it out for this one.

We're thinking of going with Mouton "Smooth a Ride" cones as they improve over the original standard cones, and he's not interested in having it slammed to the pavement like a lot of guys like these days.

More as it happens.....

2. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +3,730 / 1 / -0
    This car will be coming into the shop this weekend, but other than ordering parts I doubt much will happen till early springtime.

It hadn't been started or moved since it was delivered, but today it fired right up and ran nicely. EFI for the win!

3. Minidave

Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +3,730 / 1 / -0
    After swapping all these cars around, I got the white Jap spec car on the lift and have ordered parts for it.....I don't expect them for about 2 weeks, so in the meantime I'll continue work on the 1275 motor for my friend in Atlanta.

IMG_20201122_131335R.jpg