A new cold air intake option for turbo Minis!

Discussion in 'Sponsor Messages' started by NOBS, Mar 23, 2010.

1. NOBS

NOBS New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

Eli here from NOBS engineering services. I am a metallurgical engineer with more than a decade in design/manufacturing/R&D in the nuclear, aerospace, and welding industries.

I would like to announce my first commercially available product: the G4 Cold Air Intake System for the Turbo R55, R56, R57 Minis. This is a true cold air intake system, unlike many of the "hot air intakes" available. I think you will also find it has a much more attractive price than the true cold air intakes on the market.

I have run this intake in Sheila since fall '09 and through the entire Wintercross season at Miller Motorsports Park with no problems. Hopefully, with a class season win on Saturday!

Noise levels are from mild to still-not-very-wild. If you do not cut an intake hole through the bulkhead panel, noise levels are very close to stock; only the blowoff is more audible. If you opt for the maximum airflow with the hole in the bulkhead panel, noise levels increase at wide open throttle and blowoff, however not to obnoxious levels. They still cannot be heard over medium volume music.

Benefits:
    1. Cold air delivery sealed from hot engine air.
    2. Dry flow/high flow cone filter element with airflow through the top and sides of element.
    3. CAD designed, 3D modeled, laser cut, welded, powdercoated, and assembled in USA!
    4. Simple installation uses only four metric bolts. Aftermarket components using SAE fasteners for metric vehicles drive us nuts!
    5. Aesthetically pleasing powdercoated 3D modeled airbox is laser cut to clear engine components and clear/seal against hood (bonnet) features.
    6. The best price you will find for a true CAI.
    7. Compatible with all turbocharged "S" models, including those with a factory alarm system.
    8. Increased throttle response to redline, response will not fall off as easily as the stock car.

[​IMG]
    Please visit NOBShome for more info and installation instructions. (Note: many install photos show yellow/black label graphics, but the production units are black/white graphics as shown in this post. The prototype used for testing only had yellow graphics. I will be updating intake photos and instructions momentarily.)