Brakes Idea 1st Gen Most liked posts in thread: A possible different bigger brake idea and, Meth Injection and more

1. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Will see if he is as worthy of an opponent as anyone over here . . . .

2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Um.............ok........?

That was a non answer. I’ll ask a little simpler without interdicting a new variable.
    Are you limiting your RPM so you don’t spin the SC TO FAST? The numbers you gave if you do this it should be ok. As to opinion I researched this 12 years ago. Web had a great article about the different size pulleys. He did real world testing and data log it. After seeing the numbers I went with a 17% eve though I know it was on the high side. 19% going to red line was to much. The numbers showed that. Now I give you he didn’t limit the RPMs. That sound like that would be the solution.

3. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    No my redline limiter will be my foot.

I created another spreadsheet that compares the engine rpm value of each type of pulley to the value of the JCW Pulley. I am using that JCW pulley ratio and data as the control point. Now I have found conflicting values for the cutout/redline value of the Gen1 of both 6750 and 6950. In my own experience I believe it is 6750 but my eyes are more on the road then on the gauges. My foot rev limiter really only needs to come into play for a me, what I will call a Street Driver, will be in 1st and 2nd gears. I say this for the top speeds for gears 1 through 4 are approximately (Facelift Model with 205/45-17 tires and 6750 redline); 1st = 38 mph, 2nd = 62 mph, 3rd = 86 and 4th = 105. I included 3rd and 4th gear speeds for shits and giggles. I can see myself driving in 1st to redline in normal street driving but hitting redline in 2nd for me would be limited to twistie runs. In other words, the times that my supercharger with a 19% reduction pulley exceeds the JCW Control value is very very limited. When I exceed the JCW Control Value, and I will do so, I am going on the premise that my MI will address the heat generated by the over-revs in this short 400 +/- rpm range.

Spinning too fast means nothing unless there is data behind the statement. The tune of the Mistress and how the timing is controlled is the type of data that would answer this entire matter once and for all. I will use the Mistress as the control for "too fast" as she whips it pretty good at 8000.

JCW Redline.jpg

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4

The RMW bashed over on NAM has a Sprintex on his car and is not worth replying too. Just having that POS Sprintex on his car shows he is an idiot that will not have his mind changed even with all the facts laid out in front of him.

I bet he still thinks the world is flat.

5. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    What.................what? the worlds not flat????

6. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    and between the discussions on Columbus and the earth is flat, it got me thinking of the episode where Tony and guys were all upset about the Columbus Day Parade getting cancelled. I finally figured out what happened to him in that last episode, he fell off the edge of the world or Dave's cat pushed him off it.

7. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    OK, yes I am cheap. Must be how I brought up but sorry although I do have the money to go with the best, I for some reason try to figure out myself why something does a particular thing and what makes one something better than another.

On the MI system I have decided to make my own system up. You can buy separate controllers, pumps, injectors, solenoids and other parts from different vendors.

Controllers: The name brand kit makers all have their own controllers but I decided to go with Jeff Harris and his http://www.hpcontrols.ca/. He sells his controllers on e-bay at a very reasonable price. I know another member that has the controller and it appears to be ok. I ordered the part yesterday evening and already got an email back from Jeff that he has the unit ready to be sent out.

Pumps: Shurflo appears to make all the injection pumps for all the various kit makers. BlwnAway provided a link to a very good post here that is the first link below, and there is another post on pumps at the SRT Forum that is the second post. I am still doing research on pumps and have not made a decision yet. There are allot of Shurflo pumps that may be options here and are lower in cost. The key element appears to be the operating pressure of the pump. In the Motoring Alliance post you will read about pressures and what I call overamping.

https://www.motoringalliance.com/art...n-systems.107/
    https://www.srtforums.com/forums/f21...thanol-240309/

Solenoids: I am going to install a solenoid between the pump and the nozzle/injector. I researched using a brass unit that can be purchased on Amazon or Ebay for less than $20. What dawned on me was that the orifice size was smaller than the pipe size and would impede flow so I went with a Kit makers unit. The purpose of the solenoid is to make sure that the MI mix cannot be pulled into the air stream under vacuum conditions when the pump is not activated. From what I read this can be accomplished with a checkvalve but the valve may add to pipe restriction and I did note an instance where the valve failed.

Nozzles: Lets just say there is so much "advertising" type stuff that for me it is kinda hard to figure out which is best. Since I am using the solenoid as my "check" I am leaning towards the Devils Own nozzles that do not have an internal check (that pipe restriction issue again). It appears that a 500 cc/min is the same as 500 ml/min and that AEM has chart saying a MINI with our boost and HP would use this size unit. Now Devils Own has a MINI kit that comes with a 300 and 700 nozzle so I am thinking the 500 in the words of Goldilocks may be just right. Remember I am using this for cooling and not tuning.

Pump and Nozzle info: I found a great web post on water injection. I am trying, note trying, to figure out myself on how much MI liquid I should inject. Once I know that then in conjunction with the flow charts in the MA post above I may be able to determine whether high psi pumps are required and then what size nozzle may be best.

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/blogs...water-injecton

Currently without misc parts such as hoses, clamps etc and with a budget of $145 for a pump, I am at $340.

8. Red Bull

Red Bull Active Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    So adding the 2% ATI had no effect, or did you feel a seat of the pants difference since the boost should have been shifted lower in the RPM range?

9. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Drive harder and shift at red line.

10. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    At the heart of the issue is whether a person can "feel" tenths of a second as that is the territory we are in. My butt dyno says it revs/accelerates faster now.

The 2% overdrive has been in place for months, the major difference was removing the JCW 11.5 and installing the 17.

I am thinking that the comment on no additional boost until 6500 cannot be physically possible, it must be increasing progressively. The issue is that me of the flip phone equates to me not having the latest and greatest tools/apps. I have a LE Bluetooth so the apps that I can run on the wife's ipod are limited and cannot react fast enough to record the increasing revolutions. I can email the data to myself but then I don't have a program that will plot it so I can only review in text format. With the JCW pulley I saw a 26.82 at 5,921 but I also saw a 23.49 at 5,500 that could be to the increase not being lineal as there are variable involved. Yesterday with the 19% combo I saw 26.10 at 5,084 that I would think is lower in the range from the 19%. It was in this same run portion yesterday that I hit 29.14 at 6,575.

On the heat, in about 2 1/2 minutes I saw the temperature decrease from 152 to 107 when off the boost and going around 55-60.

At the heart of the issue is whether a person can "feel" a tenth of a second.

11. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    I would like to hear the thoughts of a Mechanical Engineer as perhaps with the increased supercharger revs at lower engine rpms has impacted static and other air flow variables allowing the smaller pulley/larger pulley ratio to provide boost quicker than just a simple mathematical lineal line.