1st Gen ABS Module

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by MCS02, Feb 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I have had the dreaded trifecta of lights. The code reader says it's the ABS module. I can read all 4 wheel speed sensors so I know that is not it. I have been trying to find someone that can rebuild the unit but hav had no luck.
    Does anyone know of a company that can rebuild it? If not I may get a used one I hear the are easer to reprogram.

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
  3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
  4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Gave Allmeg a call this morning, the part is on the way. They checked the VIN and found I needed the ASC module but they had one of those too.
    They were freely and helpful.
    The guy I talked to said their MINI should be ready for the Dragon this year.

5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    ALLMAG is awesome. I deal with Dustin and he is a great guy and very reasonable on prices.

6. Amazidiot

Amazidiot New Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    usually electronica computers don’t fail; it’s the connectors in and out of them that might be the problem or, firstly, all the sensory intelligentsia or genitalia hangin’ out there

I’d like to find where my abs/SRS module myself, On my 04 mini S with the JCW package on it (I’m gonna put one or the other of the muffler systems that I bought at the junkyard for quieting it down; I don’t like that gang bangor sound) It seems that Mini BMW has’d wire harness problems (besides making cars that yuuge amounts of juuuppies want to possess), and I’m having the reputed problem with driver side airbag/seat connector even though I substituted the 0.004 Kiehl Om resistor (that’s 4 ohms, just tryin train my Siri dictation midget... it’ll be years!) in, first the driver under seat (on the) BODY side, (both airbag & sb tensioner, just for...) I’ll look in the online Bentley publication that I got for this car and I think it had some e component location diagrams as well as schematics for them.. this is looking like my past working experience looking for — chasing down a short or something, and winding up with a multitude of more problems on top of that— but before I go and cut through the rugs to get out the harness, looking for that break in the wire I’m gonna go check all the connectors that I can and wiggle wiggle and then see if that clears a problem, and then Sauter the connection though I hate to do things that are destructive and you can’t go backwards