3rd Gen F56 Cooper S Added Ceramic Tint Today

Discussion in '3rd Generation: 2014+ F54, F55, F56, F57, F60' started by Zazoh, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mid-Ohio peeps - Where do you suggest in Columbus to go?

2. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    I had my MINIs done at Quality Window tint
    http://www.qwtint.com/

Had the GTI done at Performance Auto Spa
    http://performanceautospa.com/

I had some quality issues with the jobs at both places and Performance was much better to work with to fix the issues.

*To be fair to Performance...I had heard that the hatch window on a GTI was a real Nick to tint, the rest of the windows were perfect.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I had the tinting on Babs clubster done at Quality Window Tint. They did an OK job, but I don't think I'd use them again. MY GTI came pre-tinted.

4. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    What kinds of issues did you have that's keeping you from using them or not wanting to return?

5. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    When I had Quality do the Clubman, there was a bubble on one of the windows that would not go away. After looking at it closer, it appeared that there was lint or something that was causing the bubble. When I brought it back in I got "Yep looks like there is something in there, we can fix it but you will have to pay for it". That was the fourth car I had taken there (forgot that I also had my Protege5 and Mazda 6 done there as well). Hadn't had any issues before, so was a little taken back by the lack of willingness to stand behind their work.

Totally different experience at Performance, they had scratched up the tint on the hatch window when they put it on. When I brought it back in, not only did they replace that section, they also replaced on the tint on one of the back doors that they said looked like it might have been scratched up during install (I hadn't even noticed it).

6. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    My issue was them getting in & out of the clubster they managed to break the plastic door sill. When I picked up the car & pointed that out to them I got "it was already like that". The tint job was done very well, but having to replace something at my cost that they broke really sucked.

7. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    Good to know.

Thanks!