2nd Gen Paceman After six months with Paceman ALL4...

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Tata Steva, Feb 7, 2014.

1. DougW

DougW Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

Apr 25, 2009
    Middle of a cornfield
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Once this lousy winter is finally over and I get the chance to clean up my filthy car and actually ENJOY it, maybe I'll love it.
    Sure hope so!

2. Tata Steva

Tata Steva MINI of the Month - September 2010

May 30, 2010
    DOP/stock Photography
    TO
    Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Back to my Paceman:

Installed K&N 69-2023TS - Performance Intake Kit open Air intake: it ended up being not quite 100% fit and required some modification of heat shield box as fire wall on CM/PM is actually closer and different "angle" then other second generation N18 cars. So, a bit of "dremmeling" solved that. All good now.

Engine definitely "breaths" better and picks up on the pedal. Swoooosh is there, although less than I had on my R55 with NM CAI (that was scary!)... All together, happy.

Now, I admit: I am a sucker for large diameter rims!
    After several weeks of searching, buying and selling various "solutions" I ended up finding a deal on KIJIJI I just could not pass. Less then 5000km used set of OEM 19s: JCW R129s in solid dark metallic gray finish (no, they are not black!) and Pirelli PZero RF 225/40/19. Basically, a dealer's upgrade for $3500 ( here in Toronto). My purchase price: $1500 (!!!).
    So, rubber like new and when I cleaned brake dust off the rims- not a single nick. I mean, these wheels look like they were just unwrapped!

So, I posted another ad to get rid of RFs and get something that is not RF. But, if I don't sell it by the time spring REALLY comes to this part of North America, I will just mount them and be happy to burn them as they sit right now.

To recap a car-exciting past several weeks in pictures:

Few ski trips:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Few nails! One rear tire got all the damage, resulting being replaced at the end...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A meet with my "best club buddy" who traded in his R55 for JCW R60...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, a prize of nice R129 set of 19s....:grin:

[​IMG]

And open air intake by K&N:

[​IMG]

Now, where is the spring?:mad: