Alicyn Drew Photography taking appointments

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 13 (April 29 - May 2, 2015)' started by Tigger, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Most of you know me from past years doing the Glamour shots. After 3 years of hanging out in parking lots I decided that this year I'm stepping it up. I have reserved a 20 x 20 tent on vendor row and will be turning it into a photography studio.
    But wait! pics of a MINI in a tent are boring. What if I want my MINI on top of the dam, or at a scenic rest area, or what if I want my MINI in an urban warehouse from MTTS???

Never fear because I have options. I have been killing myself over the last year to learn compositing. NOT Composting, compositing. What this means is I shoot your MINI in the tent, cut it out in Photoshop and place it into a background of your choosing. I have a lot of backgrounds and will keep creating more. I also get to the Dragon early so will be shooting background images earlier in the week. I will take requests if someone is looking for something that I can reasonably get to. Here are some sample backgrounds
    Alicyn Drew Photography | CarBackgrounds

Composites are $45 for one final image but I include a $20 print credit, meaning you can use that as a coupon towards buying a print. You'll also get a digital image with full online use. The $45 price is for combining two images your MINI and a background. There are examples of finished composites here
    Alicyn Drew Photography | composites

For $30 I'll take the one image and Photoshop it into some art for you. No compositing just a cool effect. I use professional plugins but I also customize them and don't just "apply a filter" I have examples of that here
    Alicyn Drew Photography | Conversions

I will be available for a few night shots with the fog machine and colored lights. Those slots are limited and I won't be available during BINGO but I have donated a prize of a free shoot.

I'm really excited about this venture and want to have fun with your MINI. The appointment slots will be about a half an hour. You're car will be shot from one angle so it's best to think about which angle you want, maybe peruse the backgrounds if you want a composite. Contact me for ideas as I can work with you. I want to hear your ideas!!!
    You can be in the shot if you like or it can just be your MINI.

I can do multiple MINIs but I need to shoot each one separately and then will put them together. I won't charge double for two MINIs but it will be an extra $30 for each additional MINI that I need to shoot and cut out.

Alicyn Drew Photography | MINIs on the Dragon Photography

You can contact me for an appointment at [email protected]

Looking forward to working with you guys, I know we can create some awesome art!

2. JenLane

JenLane New Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Do this! Alicyn's pics are fantastic, it doesn't take hours off your Dragon time, and it's really cool to have something better than what you shot with your phone as a memory. You'll be glad you did. :)

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    The photos I've seen from Alicyn's camera are great. You folks should partake of this.

4. IndiCooper

IndiCooper Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Falling Waters, WV
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ali is really fun to work with total pro at photoshopping out your bad parts :wink: and the new composite thing she does is really cool, she can make it look like your anywhere :idea:

This was my drive by glamour shot from last years MOTD, it's pretty swanky
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Here's an example of something I can do this year

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      3.4 MB
      Views:
  6. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Could you composit a MINi onto some compost?:D

7. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Funny guy :)

I suppose I could, but I'm not gonna go shoot that background

8. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Just screw on your manure filter & shoot those stinky backgrounds. :wink:

9. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I'll save that background for cars I don't like

10. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Say I have minor rust issues... Could you take care of that? ;)

[​IMG]

11. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Now why would I want to hide that lovely patina?

12. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    I would like to take it out down there for some good live pictures... No hiding of all that paintwork though. ;)

13. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I can do some shots that are on site instead of in the tent, is that what you mean by live? I would just need to do them early morning or late afternoon when the light is nice.

Just let me know what you're thinking

14. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    We will talk when we are there. Last year I found some great spots around the lakes that would be better if I where lucky enough for a morning fog.

Of course if you where traveling to shoot on site, I would pay extra! :)

15. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I would have to charge a bit more for the traveling. I'm really trying to keep my prices reasonable

Morning fog tends to clear by 8:00, some mornings it lingers a bit longer. It's always best if it rained the night before, and at about 7:00 it's usually perfect. We arrive on Sunday so if you're there early I could arrange to shoot earlier in the week. The key to the fog shots is that I need to bring along some subtle lighting which helps bring the car out from the fog.

16. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Fog machines aren't that expensive. :cool:

17. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I bring a fog machine but it needs electricity so I can only use it in the tent. The fog machine is really fun to use when it's a little darker with colored lights

18. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    Not only are the photos fantastic, Alicyn simply ROCKS! If I weren't on the wrong coast, I'd be there in a flash!

19. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Figures, this was going to be the year I was gonna opt for one of those out and about portraits of the MINI and me...

20. Tigger

Tigger New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I can do out and about but have to plan it during early morning or late day when the lighting is good. Feel free to email me with your ideas