Allan McNish Announces Retirement

Discussion in 'Motorsports Chat & Race Preparation' started by Nathan, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Newly-crowned World Endurance champion Allan McNish is retiring from front-line racing with immediate effect.

The long-time Audi driver, who claimed the WEC title at Shanghai with Tom Kristensen and Loic Duval in November, explained that the timing was right for a decision that means he will not be part of the German manufacturer's 2014 WEC campaign.

"You have to get out at some point and everything lined up to make this an extremely good time to do it," McNish told AUTOSPORT. "Everything has fallen into place.

"I have won pretty much everything I wanted to and I ticked the last box with the world championship.

"It is good to do it now with the change over to the new car and new rules, which would have required a big commitment."

Full Story - Allan McNish announces he is retiring from racing - Le Mans news - AUTOSPORT.com

2. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    He is one of the good guys.

3. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    With his enthusiasm for the sport this did come as a surprise.. One of the good people me thinks, he will be missed...

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Best wishes to Allan. He has had a great career, nothing wrong with leaving at the top of your game.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Below is a radio show from Zone Radio in London. Besides the interview with Allan McNish there is music, and other radio show kind of stuff.

----

This week, while everyone else lazily packages up old content and tries to pass it off as a “Best of” show, Matthew gets dangerously close to some actual motor sport broadcast journalism - an exclusive interview with reigning FIA World Endurance Champion Allan McNish, who has just unexpectedly announced his retirement.

In the interview he talks about why he decided to retire while still at the top of his game, scotches the rumour about a move to Porsche and avoids Matthew’s question about the idea that he’s joining BBC1’s Formula 1 presentation team following David Coulthard’s suspected move to SKY.

http://www.zoneoneradio.com/2013/12/mcnish.html