AMG

Discussion in 'Motorsports Chat & Race Preparation' started by Metalman, Dec 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Bigga Pistons....

[ame=http://youtu.be/Xuc8sVERy6Q]â–º Mercedes-AMG Engine Factory - YouTube[/ame]

2. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Mar 9, 2013
    German/Swedish/Finnish marine propulsion equipment
    New Orleans
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    The pros and cons of high-tech mass production. Very cool video. Clean and professional assembly. But the technology has made that guy (and all the rest of us) assemblers, not fitters. All of his tools are pre-set to the correct torque. I wonder, if asked, if that man knows what any of those screws are being torqued to? Or if he could guess what any screw (depending on size and grade) should generally be torqued to within 30 N-m?
    Enough of that. Gorgeous engine, too bad it was not a option on my MINI!

3. 05r50

05r50 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +697 / 0 / -0
    No eye protection or hearing protection. OSHA would not be happy with that would they?

Plus that place was quiet and clean.

Can I get those gloves at harbor freight?

4. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    From a manufacturing quality perspective, they don't want them to know torque values. Let verified tools torque the fasteners to the correct tightness, fully documented by the computer, without worry of whether the worker had a long night of partying or an impending divorce that is fogging his brain! Pokey-yoke!