AMVIV 2012 Detailing Pix from OctaneGuy

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Octaneguy, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Here are some pix from Day 1 of the event.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151036728891133.488408.157160866132&type=1&notif_t=like

This car has severe scratches in the paint
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The solution was a combination of wetsanding and compounding, then matching the paint and applying paint for blending to adding some filler, leveling it, adding paint, leveling then polishing. The results were very good and the owner was happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did some initial prep work on this Countryman that was damaged by fitting a custom rack on the roof. I began by leveling the touchup paint he applied and will be filling and polishing later today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our booth and products
    [​IMG]

Heather and Nick from Prima came by too
    [​IMG]

Did a Black Wow demo for a gal that bought the kit and tried it once but didn't have the results she expected. So I offered to show her how to use it, and she was amazed. Turns out the problem had more to do with technique than anything else.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spent lots of time educating and talking about Prima, Sonax, Black Wow, RaggTopp and our other products. Having a great time!

Oh I also just found out I'm one of several chosen to be DUNKed on Saturday for the charity dunk...eek.

Richard