AMVIV Registration is OPEN!

Discussion in 'AMVIV7 (March 25-28, 2010)' started by smooth is quik, Jan 1, 2010.

1. smooth is quik

smooth is quik Club Coordinator

Dec 31, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus/Break from work/Saturnalia/Winter (or Summer) Solstice and are planning for a better 2010 than 2009 was.

I apologize for opening AMVIV registration so late this year, but with the 2 1-year-olds in the house, plus my Mother visiting from Australia for all of December, it's been tough finding time to work on the computer to get everything done.

However, here is the official announcement: AMVIV7 registration is now open!!! Yay! Go to Registration to fill in your demographic info. After you hit submit, you will go to the shopping page where you can pay for your registration, breakfasts, shirts, hats and grille badges.

Many of you will remember that last year, we held an actual judged car show to benefit SAFE House on the Saturday afternoon. This year, we are doing something similar. We are again having a judged show, but it will be held AT Aliante Station instead of at SAFE House, and the judges will be "car people" and most likely "MINI people" rather than outsiders. We're not sure who the judges will be yet, but they will know MINIs. In addition, on the checkout page, you will see an option to make a $1 donation directly to SAFE House. If you want to do that, fantastic! We will pass the money collected directly to SAFE House and the Sin City MINI Club will pay the PayPal fees. If you want to donate more than $1, add a donation to your cart, then change the number of dollars on the shopping cart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year, we are not having a Saturday night banquet. Watch your email for info on a White Roof radio sponsored function on Saturday evening, we're not sure of the details yet.

All the prize giveaways will be done at the Boot N Bonnet Show at Aliante Station on Saturday, you will have until Sunday morning to pick up your prizes from the Sin City MINI Club booth.

I also need to announce the winner of the AMVIV7 shirt design contest. This year, the quality of entries was even higher than last year, and the decision of a winner took more than 1 vote from the committee. I am pleased to announce that Craig aka Cooperation is the winner for the 2nd year in a row. I really want to thank the other artists who entered this year, we saw some amazing artwork, maybe some of the designs will show up on Christmas cards or other shirts for sale at AMVIV?

Please check out the winning designs at Shirt design

I am also announcing that Vendor Registration is now open too! If you are planning on attending AMVIV7 as a vendor, please go to Vendor Reg and follow the directions. Also, please contact Mark Finn to make sure everyone is on the same page. Take note that the car show will be AT Aliante, so it won't be pulling people away from the Boot N Bonnet Show "Vendor Village".

If you want to make sure that your favorite vendor(s) are at AMVIV7, contact them and let them know you want to see them there. The MINI vendors are all business people. If they aren't going to make money over the weekend (or at the very least, break even), many of them can't afford to come. The only way they can work out if it makes sense to attend is if they get an idea of how much business they will do. So help them (and us) out and tell them if you want to buy from them at AMVIV.

For right now, the schedule and events page is not up to date. We are doing 1 new run, plus all the other runs have changed a bit, if for no other reason than the new hotel location. I'll send out an update when I get those pages done.

That's about it for now, though I'm sure I forgot something important and will have to send out another one of these within a couple of hours.
    Have a Happy New Year and I'll see you all (hopefully) in March.

Andrew Ross aka Agro
    Coordinator - A MINI Vacation In Vegas A MINI Vacation In Vegas Home