This is why I love my Garmin and my CravenSpeed mount.......:biggrin5:

2. WINGS1

WINGS1 New Member

May 20, 2012
    Solutionist Machinery provider to Woodworking, Cou
    Clemmons, NC
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've got the double mounts.... Love Em too. Just not feeling the love for the Garmin as much. :rolleyes:

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Have you tried importing google map routes to the Garmin? I know there is a way to, but all of my Garmin "stuff" is at home right now.

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Oh how life would be good if I could easily take google maps & place them into my Garmin.

5. jcauseyfd

jcauseyfd New Member

May 25, 2009
    Graham, NC
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Ross,

I'm looking at an app called Waypointer. Looks like it will import a gpx file and if you import the route points, I think it is loading the route properly. You can then launch navigation. That is about as far as I've gotten with the testing, but it looks like it will load each point in succession as you reach them (like the newer Garmins do with the RoutePlanner or whatever it is they call it now). I'll have to try loading something up some time to test it out though.

I'm also seeing lots of people posting about an app called OsmAnd. I note it is an Open Street Maps based app and I was not impressed with Open Street Maps when I fiddled with it. You may have better luck.

I haven't yet found anything that will let you take a saved Google My Maps route and load it up for navigation on an Android device (but I have found lots of people complaining about the lack of this ability).

>>Not wanting to buy another obsolete device<<

They are not obsolete as long as they are able to do something your other devices can't do. :smile5:

6. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0