Any Hockey players or fans?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MiniHockey, Nov 22, 2010.

1. MiniHockey

MiniHockey New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Both my sons play, I coach and we are BIG LA KINGS FANS.
    Who's your team?

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    My son played goal, I coached, and we used to be Winnipeg Jets fans. But they moved to Arizona:eek:ut: And the last NHL players strike left a sour taste in my mouth. Rich guys wining about wages:rolleyes5::prrr:

Now I watch Olympic hockey, and International juniors:cornut:

Mark

3. Shifter

Shifter Member
    Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Male
    Southeast Michigan
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Born and raised in Motown, so the Red Wings have been my favorite team since I learned what hockey was back in 1962, watching Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday nights. (It's good to live in a border town...a northern border anyway, as that's all I know about.) LA is having a good year, MiniHockey, and I'm glad to see it. Do you get to many games?

4. Cubby

Cubby Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Clovis, CA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Played on a local league team, back in the day, and was a defenseman. My youngest was born, and there went all my extra cash for ice time (Central Valley, CA). Was a big Sharks fan when they first came along, but haven't followed it much, now that my work schedule is shift work. We had a local AA team here in Fresno, but they folded. Now we have a Juniors team, and I hear theyre pretty good.

5. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Play about 80 games a year (2xweek during winter, 1xweek summer). Goalie. Manage/play on a team, play on another, manage the league and website for about 30 adult teams. www.NSAHA.net

Love hockey! Tony-O was my childhood ideal. Live in Vancouver but wouldn't call myself a huge Nucks fan. Louoooo is great though. I'm cheering for whomever is helping me in my hockey pools ;)

6. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    My friend's Dad was Norm Beaudin, first player the Jets ever signed.

We've had a few x-NHLs in our league as well and a couple of European x-pros. One guy who played briefly for the Flames and Nucks also lead the EHL in penalties, needless to say we weren't too thrilled when he joined up :eek:ut:

7. MiniHockey

MiniHockey New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    MY son played for the jr Falcons and yes the jr's team is very good. Fresno Monsters is the name.

I have been to many Kings games this year I am going to the Dec 4th game against the wings.!

8. aerosill

aerosill New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I play in the house league at the ice rink in Fresno (goalie). 2 years on ice, preceded by 15 years of roller hockey (San Diego, Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, Lathrop, Sonora). Sharks fan. The Monsters Tier III team is good, the Tier II team is improving in their first year. We'll probably go to 5-6 Monsters games this year, but only one Sharks game.

9. Zeyk_Shade

Zeyk_Shade Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Bolts fan here. When I lived in FL during College, I got lucky that my college years and the founding of the Lightning matched up. I went to almost every game for the innaugural season and have been a fan since. Unfortunately, I moved out of Tampa in 2001 and missed their Cup Win in person.

Still watch every game that is televised and whatever I can find a stream for.

4 in a row without Gagne or Lecavalier, yes please. 8-7 win over Flyers was the high point of the season for the Bolts thus far.

10. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I too kind of lost it with the NHL after the strike, not that I was upset with the players or the league, just fell off my radar

Starting to get a little more into this year, DirecTV has descrambled the NHL Channel

Local team - St. Louis Blues

11. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I used to play, hence the goal in goaljnky. Wife used to play in some local leagues. Then the knees went and free time got scarce. Both of us still have our equipment in the garage. Just in case.

Was a Kings fan forever. I remember going to the games nearly 30 years ago at the Forum. Paying $10 with a student ID for the best seats in the house. The place would be 80% empty regardless of how well they were doing. Then they had their Cup run with Wayner. A few years ago I actually bought some season seats, but got tired of their never ending "rebuilding" seasons. They've been a heart brake for me ever sense.

12. Zeyk_Shade

Zeyk_Shade Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I keep seeing people talk about the 2004-2005 season as the year the players went on strike. This being the season after my 'Bolts won the cup, I remember the entire situation as being a "lockout" on the part of the owners because the CBA expired and the owners didn't want the status quo. 2004

1994-95 was a "Lockout" year too.

Facts are, there was no active collective bargaining agreement, the players were honoring the rules of the prior agreement and the owners didn't like it and wanted to force a new agreement to be hashed out. So they locked the players out of the arenas. The end results were pretty huge for hockey. No more Jersey Devils horrible clutch and grab boring hockey, revenue sharing and reasonable salary caps. Best hockey that I've personally been able to watch in my life has been post 2005.

13. MiniHockey

MiniHockey New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    How about a MINI meet at Staples?

14. jtbrown

jtbrown New Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Western NJ
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Been bleeding Orange and Black for 30+ years... played street hockey (no real ice options when I was growing up) from my teens until my late 20s when the knees decided I'd had enough.

15. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Columbus BlueJackets fan...also follow the Browns and the Indians. Yea I know...I'm a sick man!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

16. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    A now-displaced Caps fan since the early 80's, when they wore the original red sweaters and played way out in the saddle dome out in Landover. I remember going to a game with my pregnant wife, and every time the Capitals scored she'd get soundly kicked by my unborn son (now age 28). Rod Langway was The Man at the time.

In later years (while still living in NOVA) I got into a ticket lottery for a pair of fantastic seats right on the red line in the Phone Booth. My son (then high school age) and I were able to share some great times together at those games, watching Peter Bondra and "Olie the Goalie" work their magic at the peak of their careers. My son is now even more of a die hard Caps fan than I am.

Judging by their play over the last three games, last season's success (less the playoffs) might be a reach. I hope they can snap out of their current funk. :beer

17. WolfGTI

WolfGTI Active Member

May 21, 2009
    NJ
    Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0
    Leafs fan... Hockey is the one North American sport I truly am passionate about. (Apart from auto racing.)

18. Zeyk_Shade

Zeyk_Shade Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Mystery of the 2011 Season: How does Sean Avery have more All-Star votes than Martin St. Louis?

Awful sub 10min TOI 4th line gimp getting more write-in votes than St. Louis is puzzling.

19. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Maybe the write in voters have an over-sized appreciation for reference to "sloppy seconds"?

20. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    The whole Allstar game is a complete waste of time. I wish they'd scrap it entirely, play thru and shorten the season so that it finishes before football starts