2nd Gen R55 Clubman Any Thoughts on the concealed hitch?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by thirdraildesignlab, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thirdraildesignlab

thirdraildesignlab New Member

Sep 21, 2010
    architect
    SF Bay Area
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, I had the minidomore concealed hitch on my r53, and loved it. I'm waiting for my '11 clubman S assuming I'd do the same again. Talked a bit with the guys there, but of course they've not yet test fitted on the '11. I saw no substantial difference in the back end that would invalidate the hitch assembly, and they are convinced it will work.

But a friends question got me thinking: any Clubman drivers here have the rear hitch, and have thoughts on the practicality with the barn doors? On the hatch, you only had the drop the rack a moderate amount in order to get the hatch open. On the clubby, I would assume substantially more so. Any experienced users have comments?

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    We have a MINI Fini hitch on our 08 Clubbie, that we use to haul our teardrop. No issues opening the rear doors.

[​IMG]

Mark

3. MyroMini

MyroMini New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I use the MiniDoMore hitch on my Clubby S to pull a small utility trailer. No problem opening the doors, as long as the trailer is straight behind the car. If it's sideways, the trolley wheel handle comes in the way of one of the door. Never tried with a bike rack

4. thirdraildesignlab

Sep 21, 2010
    architect
    SF Bay Area
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    cool! The bike racks are pretty close to the back of the car, so i guess that's really the determinant. I think if they can confirm the 11' model takes the hitch, I'll be in good shape!

5. thirdraildesignlab

Sep 21, 2010
    architect
    SF Bay Area
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0