Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nabeshin, Jul 6, 2009.
Did anybody get burned this 4th of July? (by fireworks)
Nope. I'm still hyper-careful after my 2nd degree burns at New Years, when I set our minivan on fire. :lol:
I got pretty sunburned on my shoulders. Took the cabrio up north and wore a sleeveless top for the first (extended) period of time this season. Still hurts.
Nope, how 'bout you?
I got first degree burns over the underside of my left index finger and thumb, with a spot of 2nd degree burn on the index finger middle joint. Not bad considering what I was doing.
Um, ok, I assumed you meant sunburned. So, how did you do that....grilling perhaps?
Fireworks no less... Let's leave it at that.
I do not allow myself to get sunburned. I have spf 85 uva uvb sunscreen, I always wear long sleeves and pants, I don't own any shorts or sandals, and I have a wide brim fedora & sunglasses.
Now I get it. I haven't messed with fireworks for so long I didn't even think about it. I almost blew a thumb off once when I was a kid.....cousins and I were throwing lit firecrackers at each other and of course you have to wait until the fuse is almost gone before you throw.....
I had an uncle who used to hold lit roman candles in his hands. One year he wore some pants with big pockets and kept all his fireworks in the pockets.....and one of his roman candles backfired into one of the pockets! I never saw him move so fast!