Anyone else having trouble tracking on the Owners' Lounge?

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Laserboy, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Laserboy

Laserboy New Member

May 25, 2013
    Southern Illinois (St. Louis area)
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Wondering if it's just me: My Mini arrived at Baltimore a week ago. The OL reflected this after the usual two-day delay. As of yesterday (Saturday), the OL said that it was predicted to arrive at my dealer the day before yesterday (yippee! A Mini and a TARDIS all in one!). As of today, the OL isn't even offering me the "track your Mini" option. Is the web site to blame or does it think I'm happily driving my new car rather than pacing the living room like a tiger in a cage? :mad2: To make matters even weirder, according to the ASK-MINI phone line, the car is at the port waiting for a vessel. (The phone line had previously given me all the right stages up to Baltimore--did they forget to unload it and inadvertently return it to Southampton? Seems unlikely.):confused5:

Anyway, if anyone is currently tracking an order, please let me know if you're able to access your status via the OL and/or phone line. Sure would appreciate it!

2. DryMartini

DryMartini New Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    I was tracking daily waiting for ours this Jan. It still showed at Blt. when I got a call from the dealer that it was in, they were preping it and asking when I wanted to come pick it up. I think the tracking process breaks down a little. (They're no UPS.)

Enjoy all the fun with your new MINI. Remember, we all like picture ASAP. :crazy:

3. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Congratulations this is your first Mini problem.

4. Laserboy

Laserboy New Member

May 25, 2013
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Woohoo! So this is part of the Mini owners' experience? I feel special already! :biggrin5:

5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    congrats for getting the joke.:D

6. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    When I ordered mine I found the owner's lounge kind of useless. Before M/A was even a gleam in Nathan's eye I found a thread about tracking your MINI on the NAMless site. I tracked it myself. I called the dealer on a Monday morning & informed my SA my MINI was sitting on his lot. He had not a clue, about that or other things. :wink:

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  8. amancuso

amancuso New Member

May 8, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    LOL yes, MINI Owners Lounge is very very slow to update. Did the same thing with my '13 in late last year and just went through it with my Mom's MINI last month.

9. Laserboy

Laserboy New Member

May 25, 2013
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My current problem isn't the slowness of OL, I'm kinda used to that by now, it's that there's no button to track the car's production. The option of tracking is gone. I was enjoying those pleasant, little lies it was telling me. But now it's simply not even offering me the opportunity to be lied to. Now that is depressing! (The good news is that I called my MA. He's out for the day (or hiding to avoid talking to me--I'm kinda used to that sort of thing, also). But I spoke to the sales manager. And he was able to tell me that my car will be available to me on Thursday. Oh, frabjous day!)