1st Gen R50 Cooper Anyone get positive notice for CVT lawsuit claims?

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by slaybalj, Sep 11, 2014.

1. slaybalj

slaybalj New Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just received a letter from the Claims Administrator saying my claim was denied because part C wasn't filled out properly and I did not provide adequate proof.

I filled out the claim online and uploaded the invoice and the mechanic attestation, but this was from back in 2005 and I had already lost or destroyed my reciepts and bank documents from the repair. We only had the invoices out of pure laziness b/c we had already sold the car and hadn't gotten around to tossing the old repair invoices. Hell, the entire claim was something of a mess because the dealer I had gotten the word done at had changed ownership and names as well.

I'd really like to figure out what is wrong so i can amend it in time to get my claim. Mine died at 3 yrs and 74,000 miles, so I was due a pretty hefty chunk of change.

Anyone else getting a response from the settlement? I can't even find a number to call to see if I can get a better idea what they didn't like about my claim.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance, the FUN and Friendly MINI Community.

Sorry, have no idea, hope someone can help you though.